GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Kwik Kamp-it came without a mattress. I'm looking to pick one up before spring. Does anyone know what size it takes (seems like I saw "RV short queen" somewhere but I can't find it again)? Any recommendations for a specific one that folds up as required? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Kwick Kamp Trailers and Parts
705 West 8th
Idalou, Texas 79329
(806) 892-2450 or (806) 438-7204
[email protected]

I don't know if the above contact is still in business but worth a try

I realize that KK is no longer in business but this guy had lots of KK inventory

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Measure it and go to your local upholstery shop and see what they'll charge you.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Measure it and go to your local upholstery shop and see what they'll charge you.
Like Pooch said, set the camper up and measure the available room (lxw) where the mattress would go and at least you'll know what will fit in that space.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Although most call it a Queen size, it is between a Full Long and Queen Sz. If I remember correctly the width of the pan is 57" a queen sz. is 60". I have used a queen air mattress but it pushes out the sides of the tent. I had mattress foam custom cut at thefoamfactory.com to match the pan. When considering a new mattress make sure you measure the folded thickness of the foam and not exceed the thickness of the folded bed pan(6"?) or folding for storage will put the hinges in a bind. B.

·
Registered
926 Posts
check here for space....B

Attachments

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
The Bel-Air had the king size bed...if not, then it's something else.

You might improve your search by making a measurement of the platform for a starting point.

Luck to ya!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I agree, measure the available space and where it folds. The go to an upholstery shop and see if the can make one for you. Just remember that the foam needs to be about 2 inches thick and fairly firm. Anything thicker may make it hard to fold the camper.

·
IronMan
17,623 Posts
I found after 4/5 hours "none" of the mattresses they offer worth a dam . I use air mattress (over) the pad . So you can gat denser pad but not so thick (for closing up unit ) i carry an electric 12v / to 120 converter that plugs into trunk outlet ( wired direct to battery -20 amp fuse) and can fill mattress no matter where im at . Good luck and "enjoy" !! Camping on bike is awesome experience !

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
I may not know alot about mattress, but I can say that UNCLE JOHN, helped saved my life at the Darkside rally in Va. a couple of years ago..

John I'll never forget that time ...Thank you, again

Yes John knows his stuff!

Ronnie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts