GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,

The time is officially drawing near for my “birthday” concert to benefit my favorite charity, Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation. ( www.mhopus.org ). The show will be Saturday night, February 10, in Canton, Georgia. I will have turned “The Big 4-0” that week… ouch!!! My goal for the concert is to raise over $15,000 for Mr. Holland’s Opus in a single night.

Our featured smooth jazz superstar will be saxman Euge Groove! ( Sounds like “huge”!!! www.eugegroove.com ) We have expanded the night’s festivities to include a wine and hors d’ouvres reception at the Cherokee Arts Center before the show, where an art exhibition will be on display. It should be an awesome night of fun, friends, and smooth jazz. There will be live music at local restaurants after the show, and the Official After-Party will be hosted by the Downtown Kitchen.

I will donate 100% of ALL ticket sales I raise to charity… not “net proceeds”. I am hoping to find local businesses, banks, and stores to help offset the costs to put on this show.

The theatre is both stunningly restored and extremely intimate. Only 190 tickets! The theatre feels like you have stepped into 1920… ( www.cantontheatre.com ).

Euge has agreed to do a free show on Friday night for local aspiring music students who receive a letter of recommendation from their band teachers in the Cherokee County School System. In this way, we hope to expose young musicians to an exciting genre of music, and give them a chance to meet and interact with a real superstar who is at the top of his game, and the top of the charts.

I can email you a copy of the show flyer if you email me, [email protected]. Tickets are on sale now ($99 each and include the food and wine reception), and will be processed through my company. For those who may come from out of town, we have several hotels a couple of miles from the theatre. If I get a few of you who want to come, I will arrange GOLDWING PARKING in front of the theatre! If you want to have a few drinks and leave your wings at the hotel, I will arrange a car for you!

I don't know if any of you will be able to attend, but I would love it. Let’s keep music alive in our schools!!!

Sincerely,

Max

P.S. If you have friends who are might like to attend, please forward this email - Thanks!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Max, I will get with Krista on this. Sounds like a nice date night. We used to do alot of this kinda stuff before we had Cole. Its kinda hard now with everything he is involed with. Good luck with it and dont worry about the big 40. It only gets better with time.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Music is not my cup of tea, however, good luck with the event. Hope it's a sellout.

Yes, you read right; I rarely listen to music. Probably the result of 20 years as a disc jockey

1 - 10 of 10 Posts