GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May in Florida = LOVEBUGS. I got into some yeaterday riding up to St. Augustine for our lunch run, but today going down to Okeechobee they were worse than ever. 60 miles on Canoe Creek road and then down 441 to Lake O they were thick. Got home and took the spray bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide to the dead guts and turned them into soap that washed away with the water hose.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
May in Florida = LOVEBUGS. I got into some yeaterday riding up to St. Augustine for our lunch run, but today going down to Okeechobee they were worse than ever. 60 miles on Canoe Creek road and then down 441 to Lake O they were thick. Got home and took the spray bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide to the dead guts and turned them into soap that washed away with the water hose.

I am with you john..hit them thursday..Rode down wpb..took 75 all the way down to 80 .then east..& up through bell glade,pahokee ,canal point...came back to ga 75 & turn pike..The bugs were much worst on the west side..too some time to clean..

·
Registered
661 Posts
Thanks for the reminder John, I forgot about H-P as a bug solvent.

My son Beau and I took a new tack for a central Fl ride on Saturday Night.

Yeah, Night riding!

We left around 9:30 pm and got home around 3:00 am.

The moon was as full as I have ever seen, and the back-roads were empty. Not one love bug, and very few other bugs.

The temp was 81 when we left and 73 when we got home.
Nice, compared to 81 in the morning and 95 at midday.

See ya soon, we are looking forward to Soloman's Castle

................................................Don

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yeah, they are out. Best to get them off quick. Lots of ways to do it. everyone has their own method, but I think we all act quickly and don't leave them there to get crusty.

·
Registered
293 Posts
good thing they dont bite:eek:4:went to local bike meet music and motorcycles in zephyrhills stuck on front bra thank god:doorag:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:shock: yep ! and dang hot too, man do we need some rain !
Orlando set another record high today at 97, good thing the humidity is low or it would be miserable.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
May? MAY? I could have sworn it was August today. HP works great for dissolving the little suicide bugs. No rubbing, no scrubbing, they just dissolve and can be wiped off.

·
Registered
246 Posts
How can you hate these little darlings that are called Love Bugs? :joke:

I can honestly say, that I don't miss them one bit. Nor did they miss me during their 2 seasons. Glad, I retired from the Army, and returned home.

I don't need to worry about them here. ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
do you just spray HP of with a bottle and sprayer or mix with H2O?

Good tip to know.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
LOL, went down to my mom's for the day yesterday. Left Sanford at 8, by Lakeland it was bad, by the time I got there it was AMAZING. Rode home at night, hardly a bug. Got up the morning and was washing the car at 6:15 (HUMID, but not so dang hot!).

I just went out to watch the shuttle go up and almost sweated my shirt...it's hot. But those darn bugs are annoying. Going to Walgreens on the way home, used the last this morning.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Time to put the Wing bra back on. Marco was only 85 yesterday John. Drive safe

·
Registered
16,853 Posts
50/50 - H2O2 + H2O

Works great! Those suckers dissolve right in front of you. ;)

But Bartman? The common peroxide solution we can get at the grocery or drug store is only 2% H2O2 and already 98% H2O. Your cut will yield about 99/01, not 50/50; right?

prs

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
But Bartman? The common peroxide solution we can get at the grocery or drug store is only 2% H2O2 and already 98% H2O. Your cut will yield about 99/01, not 50/50; right?

prs
Correct, well sort of...the solution I buy is 3% H2O2. I still mix it 50/50. In other words, in my 8oz spray bottle, I use 4oz of H2O2 out of the bottle and then 4oz of tap water. Even diluted, they still dissolve nicely (the bugs that is).

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Move north where you will not have those bug and heat problems. great up here.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Love bugs, the one thing about Florida that I don't miss.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
No bugs out today in Niagara..., love bugs or mosquitos (or those damned southern gnats).

Mind you, it was only about 60F at mid-day... :shrug:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts