GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to come to town from King Cove yesterday for some medical issues.
Had some free time,so rented a car and drove from Anchorage to Palmer to Wasilla (didn't see Sarah),down to Portage Glacier and back to Anchorage.
Left Anchorage about noon,back around 7:00
Saw quite a few 1800s on the road and made me really wish I was on mine.
Saw two rigs pulling camp trailers,a red trike and a blue.
Saw the blue both in Anchorage and again on Turnagain Arm.

Could I have seen anyone from here?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Saw quite a few 1800s on the road and made me really wish I was on mine.
Hi, Jeff. Know how you feel. It's been ages since I've been on my GL. Spending too much time on my KLR, and putting it back together when it falls apart. :lol: All it needs is for me to pull the shock and install the Progressive spring on it; finish a few wiring tasks to prepare for some more farkling; and put it all back together. But either sunny weather and interesting rides beckon... or procrastination sets in - again. :cry:

Every time I see another rider or two going down the road on their GL1800's I recall how much fun it is to twist the grip on mine. Much more responsive than the KLR :lol:, not to mention the much better weather protection. Maybe pretty soon.

One of these times you've just got to bring your Wing up for the summer and ride it back south in the fall. Seems like every year the winter weather is holding off just a little longer... or maybe it's just that my memory is getting worse. ;)

Hope your summer is going well.

Jack

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jack,
When we were sitting in Anchorage,looking foe something to do,we considered driving to Valdez,and noted that we would drive through Glenallen,and thought about you.
We decided we were starting too late in the day for that drive,so stayed closer to Anchorage.
I still have not given up on brigning my 1800 up sometime and touring after my summer is over.
One of these days...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts