·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But why does the radio cut out when you put the bike in reverse? :beer8:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reverse uses the starter. When you engage the starter, everything goes off to give all the battery power to the starter.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Best guess is the reverse takes a lot of juice. Thats a small electric motor pulling a lot of weight. They all do it. I think the lights go off too but can't get off to look.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
My best guess is that it is using the starter circuit.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honda wants you to be able to hear the screams if you back over someone.
I wondered why TBB is always screaming when I back up?? sheesh, you'd think she would know better by now :shrug::22yikes:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reverse uses the starter. When you engage the starter, everything goes off to give all the battery power to the starter.
the voices in my head keep saying "SCOTTY WE NEED MORE POWER" :p:p:eek:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Best guess is the reverse takes a lot of juice. Thats a small electric motor pulling a lot of weight. They all do it. I think the lights go off too but can't get off to look.
I think he just called me fat :22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::biggrin:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
....With all of the mods made to these bikes, has anyone thought of adding one of those 'backup alarms' to their bike in the reverse circuit?

:duck::22yikes:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
....With all of the mods made to these bikes, has anyone thought of adding one of those 'backup alarms' to their bike in the reverse circuit?

:duck::22yikes:
actually, funny you should mention that, yes I have a back-up alarm.

Got it from Louis at electricalconnection.com (there maybe an "s" before the "dot" I can never remember) :shrug:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I think he just called me fat :22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::biggrin:
If i did that it would be the pot talking about the kettle.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
15 year Member
6,869 Posts
Because , at that point you are going A W A Y from the sound and therefore cannot here it.... DUH!!

Matt(BCNV) :joke:

·
Registered
855 Posts
actually, funny you should mention that, yes I have a back-up alarm.
I was thinking of putting one on with the intent of using it in front of harley guys!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Because , at that point you are going A W A Y from the sound and therefore cannot here it.... DUH!!

I'm going to PM you next time I have a question about astrophysics :cool:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I must be going really fast then, 'cause the sound comes through the intercom :biker:. Hey maybe if I put my helmet on backwards I'll be able to hear it :yes:

I was thinking of putting one on with the intent of using it in front of harley guys!
Both Matt and I have back up alarms, you can switch it on & off, it depends on when you want to use it. I usually use it when backing into a parking spot at the local biker bar. First the Harley guys are amazed a Goldwinger would show up, then they start laughing and talking to you when you start backing up, it's an excellent "ice breaker and conversation' starter:tongue:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I don't know. Why do they put Braille on a drive-thru ATM.

Some questions were never intended to be asked.

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,733 Posts
the sound shuts off so that you can hear everyone laughing at you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts