GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided when I went to Daytona this year that I owuld have these installed. I was happy with the stoch setup, until I hear others complain that they needed the handlebars moved back. Then I started trying different positions and figured that it couldnt hurt getting the risers.

I walked up to talk to them to try them out and see how long the install would take. I pulled my wing up to let them do the install and Maurice said it would only take about 30 minutes to do the install. I did some walking around and came back to wait. He had them installed in the time promised.

I jumped on and rode off to try out my set. I have to say, it does make a world of difference. It did take some time to get use to cornering, but it is alot better. I dont have to stretch near as much. Handlebar grip position is alot better on the wrist and shoulders. I did over 500 miles with them on and I am happy with them. They also work well when I am kicked back on the highway. The only problem is getting re use to the cornering. I do like it thou. Also thinks I need to readjust my throttle, as I dont know if he did, but it seems their is more freeplay at ide. After reading a couple of post this morning, the extra freeplay might be needed for the cornering and such.

Thanks for the recommendations and all. :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks for the eval. Steve. I have a set of the MBL's, but haven't put them on yet. It's been too cold to work in the garage until this past weekend when the temperatures "jumped" up into the 50's for the first time in months. The roads were clear of snow and ice, so I fired her up and rode instead of putting accessories on.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Will be a personal thing

I think that the MBL Risers will work well for some -- not so well for others. Will depend upon the rider's configuration (body shape) and also how they like to sit on the bike. I put the MBLs on a few weeks back and rode 300 miles with them on Monday. So far, I really like them.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is true. Why it helps me is because now my wrists are in a more natuiral position than before. I also have a 15% disability to my left wrist. On the way home seemed alot better than going down to FL. As you said thou, everybody has their own perference and options to all.

·
Registered
117 Posts
MBL Eval

I also had the MBL folks install the risers on my bike while at Daytona. They were very careful with all the painted parts and took the time to explain what they were doing. I am 5'6" and they helped me tremendously. I now sit more upright and feel like I have much better control of the bike. I rode 750 miles back to Virginia and could actually use my Utopia backrest! Great product and great people.

Becky

G

·
0 Posts
I, too, have an excellent experience with the MBL's. Previously my elbows only had a slight bend in normal riding position and using the Utopia backrest. Now I feel much more relaxed and haven't as yet experienced the shoulder pain that was noticeably present before the change.

Throttle cables were rerouted using the ties provided in the kit. After installation I did find that I had a little more free play in the throttle, so I made an adjustment to bring the free play back to spec. Lock to lock movement of the bars showed no noticeable change in the free play.

Great product (for me!)

Neal
KF5T
Florence, MS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts