GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the MBL risers tonight and I like the placement of the handlebars. However, when I tried to put the zip ties around the throttle cable and attach them to the banjo fitting, they are to tight at full lock to the right for them to be attached there. I tried getting a bit more slack but nada. I went ahead and just zip tied the two cables together and left them unatached. Has anyone else had their throttle cables too tight to zip tie to the banjo bolt? Do you think it could present a problem in the future just hanging free? The throttle acts normal even when I turn the bars from lock to lock. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had the same problem, I just zip tied them to the banjo bolt but left the zip tie a little loose so the cables could move a little.

Also in a short time you will notice that the black plastic cover over the handlebar bolts is becoming scrapped or scratched by the underside of the meter panel now that the cover has been raised. Thought u might want to know. :?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just installed my MBL’s and had no problem with the ties. I might have worked out a little more of the cable from the mount than you did. I might have attached it differently, although I think the picture is clear on that part. I do hear a click every so often when I move the bars left and have concluded something is rubbing plastic to plastic. Time will tell on that one. I love the change. I have the Corbin seat and they really work well together.
RW
:biker:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Does anyone know if someone from MBL will be at the Sunshine Mall in Daytona this year? I would interested in see them in person and if like having them do the quick install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts