GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a deposit down on the new Kawasaki Concours ZX14. They told me I was number 1 on the list. I get the first one in .... my wing will always be my first love. Jim, may be I won't leave as much metal on the road trying to follow you around :)

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Did you get a price yet? I have asked a couple dealers several times and they have yet to receive a price from the factory.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, but Jim (jjsc6) pushed the guy at the Cycle show into saying he thought it would be between 13G and 14G.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Silver with ABS. But, they don't know what they are going to get in first. But I won't take one without ABS.

·
Registered
179 Posts
What are the color options ?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe only silver or black. Not many options.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
jafi_fink said:
Just put a deposit down on the new Kawasaki Concours ZX14. They told me I was number 1 on the list. I get the first one in .... my wing will always be my first love. Jim, may be I won't leave as much metal on the road trying to follow you around :)
Congrats,
Sweet ride. Thats one bad ass bike, hope your up for it, Be careful. 8) Terry

·
Registered
350 Posts
The new concours is designated the C 14, or the GTR 1400. The ZX 14 is the sport bike, with no bags , low windshield, and chain drive.

The C14 uses the same basic engine as the ZX14 , but is detuned to 158 HP. and has shaft drive and bags, etc.

The dealers won't be able to order until sometime in January. No word yet on how many will be available to each dealer.

I do believe it will be the king of the hill in sport touring, at least until Honda and Yamaha decide to catch up.

I also am first on the list at my local dealer, and am looking forward to the time I can throw a leg over it.

The concours owners group forum has a section devoted to the new C14 with lots of pictures and what little info is known to date.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
August, I see this is your first post, so it must be because you randomly found the reference to the Connie on this site and registered to post this information. I appreciate your post. I just registered on the Concours site and posted a link that Fred H. from this site suggested for adding a cruise control. I have never found a board more active then this one though, I don't believe there are any better.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Joe, I can't believe I just saw this. Wow, I can't wait till you get it. We will have an interesting group of bikes on our Saturday rides.

The weather sucks again, and I'm working on building a new shed on the back of my garage so I can keep both bikes at the house. They are pouring the concrete as we speak, and I'm doing the rest of the work myself. Feel free to call tomorrow and come by the house!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Joe. I registered on this site some time ago, not so much because I have anything to offer, but I have been considering getting a wing.

I presently ride a Concours which I am very happy with, but I sometimes yearn for a little more comfort.

I have ridden an 1800 and I find a lot to like about it. I don't ride double very often, so the passenger capabilites are not my most important requirement.

There are a few things I have learned about the GL from this board that make me think that the GL is not right for me, at least not at this time.

The size and the weight are probably not right for my present riding style.

I have decided to go with the new concours, one reason being that my local Kawasaki dealer will give me a lot better deal on my present bike than I could get from a Honda dealer, but mostly because the C14 looks like it will be a great ride and hopefully a decent price.

You are right though, this 1800 board is the most active and about the freindliest one I have visited, and it has taught me a lot about the wing.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jjsC6 said:
Joe, I can't believe I just saw this. Wow, I can't wait till you get it. We will have an interesting group of bikes on our Saturday rides.

The weather sucks again, and I'm working on building a new shed on the back of my garage so I can keep both bikes at the house. They are pouring the concrete as we speak, and I'm doing the rest of the work myself. Feel free to call tomorrow and come by the house!
Man o man, yeah the weather is crisp, at least for this neck of the woods. My son is supposed to come down tomorrow and we are going to do some minor work on his truck. Replace a seal and fix some wiring that got messed up when we had it in for some body work. It should not take to long, may be I can make it over. I give you a call.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Shouldn't it be "Connie and I"? :lol:

·
Love The DCT
11,781 Posts
august:

Where did you hear the C-14 engine was detuned to 158HP? Last I heard, no info has been released about HP with the exception the engine will have variable valve timing. Everything else you read about it on the Kawi website says "TBD"

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<--- Flunked English, need remedial training, looking for someone to fund secondary education...

White Gold said:
Shouldn't it be "Connie and I"? :lol:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Murf. I heard the HP figures a couple of different places, don't remember exactly where, but my local dealer did tell me that figure after he returned from the Kawasaki dealers meeting in california a couple of months ago.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts