GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son wrecked his last Warrior, and has bought a new one with a Patrick Racing 110" Engine kit. According to his Dyno he's running 116 rwhp and 127 ft/lbs of torque. He probably is lighter than me by about 20 lbs, plus the difference in the weight of our bikes. I have no mods, pretty much a stock 01. How close are our bikes going to run? Can I beat him?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
UtahBill said:
My son wrecked his last Warrior, and has bought a new one with a Patrick Racing 110" Engine kit. According to his Dyno he's running 116 rwhp and 127 ft/lbs of torque. He probably is lighter than me by about 20 lbs, plus the difference in the weight of our bikes. I have no mods, pretty much a stock 01. How close are our bikes going to run? Can I beat him?
HI!!!!!! .....Probably get your A$$ kicked !! BUT it is your SON you gotta try!!! Your 01 is no slug so it should suprize your son.. I have suprized a few bikes myself!!!! ....(my son rides a 2001 CBR929 & he was suprized how the wing runs & handles)............chuck...PS dyno's read what the operater WANT them to read!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
My friend has a stock Warrior and my Wing is quicker off the line and I can outrun him through the gears. When we are both two up I can take him even more easily. Against the Patrick Racing version..No Way! That is a quick bike and no Wing will come close to it but remember... you are racing the other rider, not just his bike. If you are a better rider you might take him for a bit but once he gets going his bike will outrun yours.
JMHO.

Rob R

PS Let us know the results as I know you are going to run him anyway.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
UtahBill said:
I have both bikes. The stock Warrior and the Wing are even on paper in ET and trap speed for the 1/4 mile. Check Cycle World for numbers.

The PR equipment will clear your sinus cavity in the quarter mile, but the Warrior won't top 135 due to it's silouette.

Be safe.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I also have both. My Roadstar has the Patrick Racing kit and I also have nitrous.
I think the Wing might take him off the line. But I hope you get way ahead off the line because depending on how far you are racing him he WILL blow by you.
I have had my dad ride my Wing and have raced him on my Roadstar without the nitrous. He usually pulls ahead off the line. But him being ahead dont last long with the big bore kit. And if I spray him, all he sees is my back pulling hard away from him.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
It depends on how you define the race.

Offer him a race from where you live to somewhere 400 or 500 miles away, and return.

And do it two-up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts