GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at my Goldwing screensaver, I read an online artilce about the INS conducting raids at several Swift meatpacking plants in Ohio and other states and arresting illegal workers (most had stolen identity). Swift said it did not condone hiring illegal workers. But,,,,,they tried to get a judge to intervene and stop the raid before it happened claiming it could possibly affect 40% of their workers. Now,,,,if they don't condone hiring illegal workers how could they even assume that 40% of their workers might be affected by the raids?????

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
screensavers?

Can you forward or post url addresses of some nice GoldWing screensavers? Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just a question. If they stole my SS# and used it to get a job, would I get credit for the dollars they paid into it?
The reason I ask is because the TV said some of the workers were using stolen SS#s.

·
Registered
21,134 Posts
Cockleburr said:
Just a question. If they stole my SS# and used it to get a job, would I get credit for the dollars they paid into it?
The reason I ask is because the TV said some of the workers were using stolen SS#s.
wondered the same thing

last summer on some talk radio program they were talking about that and the way it sounded because of the fraud involved it can become very difficult to impossible for the riteful bennificiary to collect what they have been paying for all thier lives, what a crock run by our own government, i sure hope it wasn't true

·
Registered
337 Posts
Cockleburr said:
Probably. You'd also get credit for the income reported on their W-2. Which I am sure you would prefer to do without.

·
Registered
806 Posts
magek said:
Cockleburr said:
Probably. You'd also get credit for the income reported on their W-2. Which I am sure you would prefer to do without.
I though of that also, They may have more deducted from their checks than is needed and I would get their refund check also? :lol:

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Although illegal imigrants do get their wages deducted just like everyong else, THEY DO NOT FILE FOR THEIR RETURNS. This is FREE MONEY to the state and feds.
Any wonder why we don't see more raids?
Any wonder why we are willing to spend BILLIONS on a bullpucky wall (Read the president has many Texan buddies in the construction industry) rather than spend a mear pitance of that amount on raids??? :roll:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just on the news! 230 illigals arrested at the Swift plant in Worthington Minnesota, out of the 2300 the plant employes. Probaly by tomorrow they will all be back at work. Whats wrong with this picture? I think Swift should get some hugh fines out of this, but thats not going to happen.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
In California they are going after the businesses that hire the illegal aliens. If the companies can show that "proper" documentation was provided (even if forged), then they are off the hook. If not, they get taken to the cleaners. Businesses are not stupid and they really do know when they are hiring illegals IMHO.

What I do not understand is why we provide ANY public benefits to people who are in our country illegally. For that matter, why do we provide lables and voting ballots in any language other than English? I thought foreigners seeking US citizenship were required to learn enough English to understand our laws and the Constitution? Uhh oh. You got me started...and I can't stop! :shock:

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
As a "victim" of illegal labor, I've always wondered what would happen if all of a sudden they were booted out and American citizens took there place in the manufacturing and service industries.

Perhaps I'm wrong, and I'd like to think so, but I would guess that many industries such as carpet manufacturing here in Georgia will shut down and go overseas or south of the border. In my industy, coatings application engineering [or housepainting for those who don't use PC titles :lol: ] prices could end up doubling. And how about lawn maintenance?

Here in Georgia, Cherokee county has made it illegal for landlords to rent to illegal residents. I don't know how they'll enforce it but I hope it works. There's much more that would need to be done to make it work.

But I really think, most of us will be complaining so much about costs rising that we'll actually want them back. Whaddayathink?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
there are some studies that show the money paid in by illegals via SS taxes is much lower than that in which they take from the economy. Remember, a bunch of these guys work off the clock. I have seen it with my own eyes. I heard on a radio show that in California it is estimated that 60-70 percent of Illegals work off the clock or under the table.......however you you want to phrase it. that is a bunch of unregulated money.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Guess the HR Department never heard of the required proof of citizenship nor did they don any background checks prior to or within 30 days of hiring!

Good for them! Buy Dubuque Bacon and Ham!!

Thats what I say!

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Immigration officials last month informed Swift that it would remove unauthorized workers on Dec. 4, but Swift asked a federal judge to prevent agents from conducting the raid, arguing it would cause “substantial and irreparable injury” to its business.

High percentage of illegal immigrants
The company had estimated a raid would remove up to 40 percent of its 13,000 workers. Greeley-based Swift describes itself as the world’s second-largest meat processor with sales of about $9 billion.

Can you say PROFIT!! GREED, DEMISE OF AMERICA

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
nedro said:
Although illegal imigrants do get their wages deducted just like everyong else, THEY DO NOT FILE FOR THEIR RETURNS. This is FREE MONEY to the state and feds.
Any wonder why we are willing to spend BILLIONS on a bullpucky wall (Read the president has many Texan buddies in the construction industry) rather than spend a mear pitance of that amount on raids??? :roll:
It's also been said that they use so many exemptions that hardly any money is withheld from their earnings. Remember, they're not, for the most part, working the high paying jobs...

It's the big employers - the "world" companies - who have no allegiance or loyalty to anyone but their CEO's bank account, who are "buying" our so-called representatives - from BOTH/ALL parties - so that they turn their backs on us and refuse to stand up for and protect the rights of us, their supposed constituents... :evil:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hazle said:
Immigration officials last month informed Swift that it would remove unauthorized workers on Dec. 4, but Swift asked a federal judge to prevent agents from conducting the raid, arguing it would cause “substantial and irreparable injury” to its business.

High percentage of illegal immigrants
The company had estimated a raid would remove up to 40 percent of its 13,000 workers. Greeley-based Swift describes itself as the world’s second-largest meat processor with sales of about $9 billion.

Can you say PROFIT!! GREED, DEMISE OF AMERICA
ROFLMAO - Sales does NOT relate to NET profit! "We" sold over $1million in sales last year but our NET profit was slightly over $125,000. So while it LOOKS like we're rolling in the dough - after you take out the cost of materials and shipping the numbers sure look a lot different.

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
I bet MOTHER HONDA is not using 40% illegal imigrant labor but you never no.

ROFLMAO - Sales does NOT relate to NET profit! "We" sold over $1million in sales last year but our NET profit was slightly over $125,000. So while it LOOKS like we're rolling in the dough - after you take out the cost of materials and shipping the numbers sure look a lot different.

Profit is after everything is paid for including salaries. WhAT DID THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY PAY THEMSELF BEFORE THE PROFIT?
Hazle

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
k7lvo said:
nedro said:
It's also been said that they use so many exemptions that hardly any money is withheld from their earnings. Remember, they're not, for the most part, working the high paying jobs...
That just isn't true. And most don't even know what deduction is or means.
I'm am in no way trying to stick up for thenm or their employers. I would love to be able to rid California of this mess by deporting every last one of them. My problem is with our legislative body who, although requiring employers to check work eligability status of every employee, maskes it a crime to report the ones they find to be illegal. Talk about a catch 22!

k7lvo said:
It's the big employers - the "world" companies - who have no allegiance or loyalty to anyone but their CEO's bank account, who are "buying" our so-called representatives - from BOTH/ALL parties - so that they turn their backs on us and refuse to stand up for and protect the rights of us, their supposed constituents... :evil:
Agreed. And that leaves the small companies vulnerable to both economic belt tightening and legal prosecution while the big companies can absorb any fines along the way.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hazle said:
I bet MOTHER HONDA is not using 40% illegal imigrant labor but you never no.

Profit is after everything is paid for including salaries. WhAT DID THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY PAY THEMSELF BEFORE THE PROFIT?
Hazle
You didn't quote PROFIT - you quoted SALES. It was YOUR post.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts