GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I deal with Petes cycle and can't stand them , any other shops in Maryland ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
There's a Honda dealer in Crofton that is supposed to be pretty good. Honda Power sports of Crofton is on Route 3/301 about one mile south of Route 32.

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
If you can physically do the work yourself, get Fred's or Cruiseman's videos and do it yourself and don't deal with people like that. I'm sure there's other wing riders close to you that could or would help. IMO

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can physically do the work yourself, get Fred's or Cruiseman's videos and do it yourself and don't deal with people like that. I'm sure there's other wing riders close to you that could or would help. IMO
I did buy the cruise man's videos and I can pretty much do everything except Air filter and front fork seals , Petes just seem to rip people off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
A ways away from you, but....

The only place that will ever touch mine unless I break down miles from home. Well worth the drive, and I'm 90 mins away. You'll be hard pressed to find another in the area with a better reputation. I've never had the Wing there, but my wife and several of our friends have used these folks over the last 24 years. You won't find a nicer, more knowledgeable guy than Steve.

Myers Cycle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Serivce Shops

Myers in Kensington has a good reputation and so does Win Kelly Chevrolet in Clarksville, MD. Win Kelly has a number of bikers in his shop that work on bikes and I've had excellent service from them. Personally, I bought the Cruiseman video and have had good success doing my own work. I follow the instructions to the letter and so far, I've done all the maintenance without any issues - even the air filter. Good luck, Glenn

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Myers in Kensington has a good reputation and so does Win Kelly Chevrolet in Clarksville, MD. Win Kelly has a number of bikers in his shop that work on bikes and I've had excellent service from them. Personally, I bought the Cruiseman video and have had good success doing my own work. I follow the instructions to the letter and so far, I've done all the maintenance without any issues - even the air filter. Good luck, Glenn
I never knew Win Kelly worked on motorcycles, that's good to know. When did they start?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
The only place that will ever touch mine unless I break down miles from home. Well worth the drive, and I'm 90 mins away. You'll be hard pressed to find another in the area with a better reputation. I've never had the Wing there, but my wife and several of our friends have used these folks over the last 24 years. You won't find a nicer, more knowledgeable guy than Steve.

Myers Cycle

Myers Cycle does good work, but expensive.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I used Steve at Myers for years on a variety of bikes. He's a good mechanic, but is both expensive and "will only do it his way". The GL1800 is too specialized (in my opinion), or at least I want it done MY WAY.

I use Talbots Honda in Easton for minor services; friendly family-owned rural dealer with very fair prices.

I use Honda of Rockville (2nd Crofton Powersports store) for more major work. I deal directly with Paul (owner) and they have a good Goldwing mechanic.

I will be moving to Hagerstown soon, and will be living right down the street from Twiggs Honda. By reputation (?) their Goldwing mechanic is stellar, so I am hopeful...

Myers Cycle does good work, but expensive.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I had my Wing towed to Twiggs (flat rear tire). They had me on the road fast and the price of the tire was lower than the internet. (got a discount for being a GWRRA member) They have a nice "open house" twice a year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts