GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any opinions or do's and don'ts re: mounting the medallion series trunk handle on a 2003 wing? I think I can handle it, but this board is a great bouncing board to make it a less anxious endeaver. Thanx, Mark C

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Installed the AMA new 1950's looking handle myself. Remove the inner lid, the screws probable just go through the lid. Hardest part is deciding just where to mount it, and the holes. Had to file mine until it fit. Maybe yours come with a templete, mine did not.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I used the Medallion series handle on our 03, & now on our 04. I like the style, & the quality chrome. It comes with a template, & pretty good instructions. Just take your time, & you'll do fine.

http://www.angelfire.com/in4/wingnut

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
medallion series trunk handle

Thanks for the responses. I mounted it with the template and do not understand why Show Chrome only gives half of a template instead of one that goes all the way across. I am very meticulous and was still about an 1/8 inch off from center, making it necessary to elongate the holes a bit to get the screws in. Nice piece though, once installed. Mark C

1 - 4 of 4 Posts