GL1800Riders Forums banner

Meet our newest Moderator....

3K views 50 replies 34 participants last post by  WingShu 
#1 ·
Drum roll please. After much arm-twisting, well-respected & liked Texan @Glockjock had agreed to step up to the plate and become a Super Moderator. Glen is one of those guys that is always willing to help. For those who know Glen, you understand why he was on our radar for quite some time. Very laid-back, fair type of guy, and by his own admission, a darn good-lookin' guy. Also, he is NOT replacing anyone, just adding to. So please, join us in welcoming Glen as a Super Mod.
Your mod team.

#3 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! I really do appreciate the Moderators for allowing me to further participate in this forum which has helped me so much through years.

I found this forum shortly after I got back into riding and Goldwings in 2006. I’ve learned so much from so many of you that I will never be able to repay it all. I believe that pitching in to help this board will be but a small down payment on the debt I owe the people here for your help over the years. I’ve had the pleasure of personally meeting and friending many of you, and I hope to continue the friendly tradition of this forum by meeting even more along the way.

Bullet Bob and Mysterious Mod told me that there were a few other people under consideration for this Moderator position. It cost me most of my life savings, but I managed to outbid them to get the post. BB and MM outlined the perks and assured me that it would be worth it. Granted, it is an unpaid position but they said that in a few months I would develop X-ray vision and the ability to fly. They said that Groupies and Lot Lizzards are automatically drawn to Moderators, so life should be great in the meantime until the Superpowers kick in!

Bear with me guys. Remember, I was just hired for my looks!

Glen

#22 ·
Anyone and everyone who has popped by this forum has been a bonus for me and I say the more the merrier and thanks once again anyone to ever had to put up with me.

I appoint @Glockjock to host the first annual Gl1800riders rally in 2020. Being from Tx he must have room LOL
Gaffer, I truly believe that the only reason I was offered this opportunity is because I actually DO host an annual GL1800riders get-together at my place each year. This year on April 24 and 25th was to be the 7th consecutive Glockjock Ride To Eat. The government shutdown for Coronavirus forced us to cancel. Here's a link to the discussion about the RTE last year.

#19 ·
Congratulations Glen! I can't even believe there was anyone other than you considered for this position. When I think of all the even tempered, level headed, well adjusted, diplomatic skills that you bring to the table and ... ok, about anyone was qualified. Ha! Seriously, I hope I am never on the wrong end of administrative discipline!

#23 ·
Well, there went the neighborhood!!:D Just kidding, Glen will do okay.

#30 ·
Congratulations Glen .... Tough job ..

Use your powers for good ;-)

Donnie
Donnie, if I had the power I would use it to get you back on your motorcycle. You are an inspiration in that you never give up. I hope that someday our paths cross!

Glen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.