Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time for me to renew my GWRRA and HRCA memberships and I am at a crossroad with the GWRRA renewal. I have a varied schedule that often prevents me from making scheduled meetings. I have never been to a local chapter meeting or met any local riders who are active. I do have peace of mind with the Gold Book. I skim through the Wing World mag, but rarely read more than 2 articles per mag. I get tons of info from this web site and have met and rode with several board members.

So, I guess I am looking for opinions of whether to renew both or just the HRCA for towing benefits. Vote and tell me what you think.

PS This is my first poll, so it took some tweaking!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
My Insurance Company, Progressive, has a towing plan as part of the package; total insurance $125/yr. Your whole message is ample rationalization to forgo memberships in either program.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I know what I'd choose: GWRRA. Because I've participated and started a Chapter. I like Wings - nothing against other bikes but I'm just not interested. You need to decide what works best for you in your area.

I got the HRCA thing free for a year with my new Wing. The manual said I had to call but somehow I got joined up anyway. I haven't even bothered reading through the stuff they sent me so I can't comment on that. I don't plan on bothering with that.

Try out what's local and see what you like. Don't let the killjoys/complainers convince you of anything. Not all GWRRA Chapters are the same even though some try to paint the whole organization with their local problems. If you go to a gathering and don't like it, you never need to go again. :wink:

Oh, and I hope to see you at Wing Ding next year! :D

Edit: That reminded me - it's because of my GWRRA membership and participation that I've met so many people - including a couple who open up the doors to their home for me to stay when I'm in their town and who are doing that again so I have a place to stay for Wing Ding 29. I consider myself lucky to have met so many great people. 8)

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Although I've been a member of GWRRA for many years, I think this is the year I will drop it. I haven't been to a local chapter meeting in a couple of years, and as the old boy says - you get out of it what you put into it. I really prefer either riding by myself or with a few trusted souls that I have ridden with over the past few years. I will hang on to my HRCA primarily because of the towing coverage - cheap insurance.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
373 Posts
Was in a Small town Saturday. when our battery went dead.got out Gold book made a telephone call a GWRRA member rode 30 miles got a battery for us came back and help us put it in .

·
Registered
173 Posts
If it matters to you the HRCA will reimburse you for taking a MSF course, which is more than the dues.
How about your HOG membership! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts