GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This brings back memories! I had a mini-trail 50, trail 70, Dream 160 and Motosport 90 back when I was a kid! Great bikes and great fun.

I have been hooked on all kinds of riding since my first time on one.

Check this web site out Old Hondas

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great post Scott. I had a Sport 65, Super 90 and a 305 Scrambler in high school. I took my first trip on the scrambler. Probably couldn't walk for a week if I did it now.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I found my first Honda:

It was very fast. A week after i sold it, the new owner drove it through a wire fence, into a propane storage yard and burned it to the ground. (The bike, not the yard). Killed himself in the process.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Fuzzy said:
...Hate to admit it was yellow... :wink:
This proves that you had sense at one time, but old age must have really eaten away at it.

'A mind is a terrible thing to waste...'

·
Registered
373 Posts
Fuzzy said:
Found my first ride in there too. Sure had a lot of hours of fun on it beating around the mountains of New Mexico. Hate to admit it was yellow... :wink:

This was my first bike as well (tho in Honda Red). 1963 model if I recall. My dad brought it home when I was 14 (1970). We lived in Colorado Springs on the edge of town and I explored everything past that edge on that little 90. Man could that thing take a beating! I eventually traded it for a CT90 which then caught fire and toasted.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I still have a Honda Cub 50 Step Thru. My late uncle bought it new and hauled it around on the front of his mini motorhome for years. After he passed I bought it for $50 from his wife and I rode it around home until the kick starter shaft broke off. Would really like to fix it up, but, don't have a clue where to get one of those shafts at.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I had the Honda 50 Mini-trail too.

Then a Honda SL70. That was my favorite ride ever.

Then a Honda 125 on/off bike. Can't remember the acronym of the model.

Turned 16, didn't touch a motorcyle for a long time, becuase I got the
family hand-me-down 4 door Impala. (party time)

Herb

·
Registered
309 Posts
Boy, you guys must have been raised on the rich side of the tracks. This was my first bike for which I paid $50. Go Sears. :lol:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I couldn't find two of the Hondas I owned - maybe just didn't know where to look. I had a 90cc "Benly" (could be spelled wrong) in the Philippines back in 1966-68. Could be it was not an American model, so didn't make the cut. Looks similar to a couple of the bikes shown, but not exactly. The other one was a CB400 I had in California back in 1973-74. Don't remember the year. Each of the four cylinders were about the size of hypodermics. I traded that in on a BMW R75/5.

Thanks for the memories!

Mesquite Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts