GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought new camera that uses a SD memory card.
I also have an eFilm Picture Pad storage unit that has a CF card slot.

My old camera used an XD memory card. When I bought the e-Film unit I got a XD/CF Adaptor from local camera shop so I could plug the XD card into the adaptor, then into the eFilm CF socket so I could download the pix files to the eFilm unit.

I'm now looking for a SD/CF Adaptor that will work with Sandisk Ultra II SD 1GB memory card so I can plug the SD card into my eFilm unit via a CF socket.

Any one know where I can get a SD/CF Adaptor?
Are there any limitations as far as speed, compatibility, etc.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
There's only about a million models. Prices are under $20. Look for one that links via USB 2.0.

David M.

·
Registered
366 Posts
David,

I think Larry31 was inquiring about an adapter from SD to CF. If I read your reply correctly, you're referring to an SD card reader , not an SD/CF adapter.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Because it is easier to move a file from one card to another than to find that adapter.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
card adaptor

E98x09
You’re right.

David
I wanted the adaptor because I have the eFilm unit. It’s small and can be carried on bike without taking up much space.
The CF card just plugs into it. I would have to carry another item if I used a card reader.
Not even sure if I could use a card reader on the eFilm unit.

I called around to several Photo Shops in N.H. Found only one who knew what I was talking about or even wanted to give a try at finding an adaptor.
Rivers Photography & Astronomy in Dover N.H. They get my recommendation!
http://www.riverscamera.com/contact.html

The gal there knew just what I wanted. I purchased a Digital Pursuits SD/MMC to CF II card adaptor.
http://www.bkaphoto.com/detail.asp?sect ... uct=DP1070

Works great. I just remove the SD card from camera and plug into adaptor, then plug the CF adaptor into the eFilm unit and transfer the pix files to the eFilm unit. No-fuss-no-muss!!

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts