GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So works been getting in the way of my fun time. I think its time for a mental health day or three. Leaving Melbourne, Fl. early Thursday morning heading for Tellico Plains Tn. Im going to ride the Cherohala to Deals Gap and then some how get to the BRP and Ashville. I was thinking about the Foothills Parkway to 441 any suggestions?

Mentally Unstable
Ken :eek:4:

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I did that route last week during SMRI. I loved the Foothill Pkwy. All roads listed look good to moi....ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Agree!! Have a fun ride!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. Just cleared it with the So. I'm a go. Feeling sicker by the minute. So weak I don't think I can make it to the phone. :thumbup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
After you get into Townsend from the Foothills Pkwy, then make your way thru the Smoky Mtn Park to the Sugarland Visitor center, you can pick up 441 and go across the Newfound Gap, then pick up the Blue Ridge just past the Occonaluftee Visitor center. Take that all the way into Asheville. I am assuming that you will probably turn back south toward Melbourne at that point, that is unless you are still feeling sick. You dont want to get well too quick. LOL:joke:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I agree, it is going to be a mental health ride this weekend. Getting the camper out tomorrow and leave Saturday at 0600. I will wander aimlessly for three days.

·
Registered
709 Posts
You can't go wrong with any of those...the only other route would be the hellbender from deals gap to the brp. But that would gake out the foothill...I really like the foothills though..

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The trip is done. 4 am Thursday I headed out across the great flat lands of Florida in search of twists and turns. Things where boring untill Atlanta and then it was on. I75 hov lane 85 mph. I was grinning from ear to ear. North of Atlanta I headed for McCaysville Ga. and 68 north to Tellico Plains Tn. I continued north on 68 to 411 south and Back Across 39 to Tellico Plains. I stopped at the Tellico Lodge to get a room but nobody was their:shrug:. So I headed Back across 39 to Athens Tn. I made a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in Cleveland Tn instead. It works I needed a room long day. Trialsman contacted me and said he would meet me at Tellico Plains in the morning and ride across the Cherohala with me to Deals Gap. I met Trialsman at 8:30 and we rode the Cherohala to Deals Gap. We chatted a while and Paul replaced a head light for me. We parted ways and I headed north across Deals Gap, Foot Hills Parkway, 441 and 19 north thru Maggie Valley. I missed the BRP this trip I'll get it next time. 1650 miles in 2 and a half days will set your mind straight.:cool: A big thank you to Trialsman.

Ken

·
Registered
709 Posts
:thumbup: Glad you had a good time...I moved to Chattanooga from the St. Pete area in 82. The mtns are always good to clear your head.....

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The trip is done. 4 am Thursday I headed out across the great flat lands of Florida in search of twists and turns. Things where boring untill Atlanta and then it was on. I75 hov lane 85 mph. I was grinning from ear to ear. North of Atlanta I headed for McCaysville Ga. and 68 north to Tellico Plains Tn. I continued north on 68 to 411 south and Back Across 39 to Tellico Plains. I stopped at the Tellico Lodge to get a room but nobody was their:shrug:. So I headed Back across 39 to Athens Tn. I made a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in Cleveland Tn instead. It works I needed a room long day. Trialsman contacted me and said he would meet me at Tellico Plains in the morning and ride across the Cherohala with me to Deals Gap. I met Trialsman at 8:30 and we rode the Cherohala to Deals Gap. We chatted a while and Paul replaced a head light for me. We parted ways and I headed north across Deals Gap, Foot Hills Parkway, 441 and 19 north thru Maggie Valley. I missed the BRP this trip I'll get it next time. 1650 miles in 2 and a half days will set your mind straight.:cool: A big thank you to Trialsman.

Ken
Hey Ken-How you doing!? Wish you could have joined us the week before on the same roads! 52 deg.F on the BRP was NICE! Would have been good to ride with you again! Glad you were able to get away from the "rat race" for a while. Hope to see you at a RTE!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts