GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode yesterday ... but the weather was not as bad as this photo!

have a Merry Christmas ... th' "Frozen Road Runner"

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Merry Christmas to you also, Road Runner. And, everyone else. May the spirit of Christmas be with you all.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bulldog, Meesh and Chef!

It seems that holidays come around too soon and my riding has been slowed down due to snow/salt on the roads. I did take my 6 year old granddaughter on her first ride yesterday. Her comment was ... "awesome grandpa!" She says she is a real "biker chick" now. She had to be 6 before I would take her and she has bugged me since she turned 5 to ride the bike with me.

Merry merry
:D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Road Runner said:
It seems that holidays come around too soon and my riding has been slowed down due to snow/salt on the roads.
Try being 7000+ miles from your bike :crew:
I don't even get the joy of doing all that winter tinkering in the garage. I have a belly pan, 4 speakers and an amp, my new (used SPIII), my new (used) V-1 radar detector with remote audio and concealed display, my new RIVCO trailer hitch rack, and I am sure some other stuff I have ordered since I have been here, sitting home in my garage waiting for me to put them on the bike. :lol:

I am gonna be so busy tearing apart the bike and installing stuff, I'm not gonna have time to ride! :tools1:

So, to the likely dismay of my fellow riders in the NW, I am hoping for a nasty late winter in March, so I don't have to debate between riding and putting my stuff on. :snow1:
A nice first week of nasty weather would allow me to tear down the bike, get all my goodies installed, and get it back together in time to ride!! :biker:

Road Runner said:
I did take my 6 year old granddaughter on her first ride yesterday. Her comment was ... "awesome grandpa!" She says she is a real "biker chick" now. She had to be 6 before I would take her and she has bugged me since she turned 5 to ride the bike with me.
My 9 yo daughter loves to ride! She definitely inherited my iron butt!

We are going to make her "official" next June when we do the MTF Trans-Canadian ride (coast-to-coast in Canada in under 90 hours).
Check out the site... come join us!!

http://www.bsu.edu/web/00amleduc/mtf/TC/TC04.htm

She wanted to do a ride last summer (she lives in Houston with her mother, so I get her for the summers), but the weather didn't cooperate. But she has been driving me crazy wanting to be a real Iron Butt... lol
Should make for some good show & tell after summer break... her framed Iron Butt certificate and pictures of her ride :D

Y'all have a merry Christmas!!
We are off to a good start, Ben Affleck is here to premier his new movie Paycheck one day before it is officially released in the states. Pretty nice guy, he has been walking aroud taking pictures with folk and signing autographs all morning. :clap2:
Unfortunately he didn't bring J-Lo :(

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Grandkids and bikes ...

RoadRunner - what a great privilege to take your grandchild in her first ride. "Bike chick," indeed! I didn't get to take my second oldest grandson for his first bike ride - some yahoo with a Harley did that. But the other two - there first was with me. This summer, I had my oldest grandson (now 13) in the back seat for around 2000 miles. He talks about that as being the highlight of the year for him. When I took my youngest (4 years old) around the block, he seemed a little indifferent. Maybe I wasn't going fast enough for him! I just hope I hold up long enough to take my other two grandsons on a trip like I did with the oldest. Don't know, though. Time is starting to take its toll on this old bod!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the picture of granddaughter Christina's first ride!

She loved it ... said it was awesome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts