GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
We really like the Firstgear Mesh-Tex Jacket. Works good here in Texas and you know it get hot here. :coolit:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Jackets

My wife and I have the First Gear mesh jackets pictured in the other post, same color even. We love them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My wife and I both have the MeshTex and find them to be very comfortable even in mild weather. First Gear is a good brand. I'm sure you will enjoy them :)

·
Co-Sponsor
444 Posts
mesh

the powerline is a new brand, pretty good product we had it shown to us last month

·
Registered
380 Posts
First Gear MeshTex

I also use the First Gear MeshTex - very good jacket for summer riding. If I lost it, I would buy another one!!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jazzy Jeff,

How in the world did you get that company to Pose TBB in that white and gray jacket? Good job! :lol:

Both Meesh and I wear the Joe Rocket version of mesh jacket. I can't compare them to anything else. We rarely ride, even just down the street, without the armored jacket on.

My accident in 1996 was less than 1 mile from the house. 2 blown out knees, 2 cracked hips, 3 broken fingers, 5 cracked ribs, punctured lung. Guess what hurt the worse? Answer: Road Rash!

Glad that you are thinking about a Jacket for Barb. Wonder if she is thinking of a jacket for her driver and bread winner? :beer3:

Bulldog

·
Registered
816 Posts
Joe Rocket

I have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket.

It's better than a t-shirt.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey bulldog, whats happening?? hows your daughter doing ??? I'll bet it's nice having her home for the holidays

Accident?? what accident ??? I thought all those broken bones where from an attempt to jump 37 motorcycles with a school bus :D :D :D :beer3:

I saw those JR jackets you and meesh were waring, but I'm to cheap for those, the power trip jackets look nice, but I got no clue how they perform. but TBB does look nice :D :D :D :D

I see most folks here have first gear, they are very nice but pricey,

ANYONE out there have a mesh jacket thats "rain proof"

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
My vote goes to the First Gear Mesh Tex jacket. Had a Joe Rocket and didn't really like it. For me it wasn't a very comfortable jacket. Sold it and bought the First Gear and love it. Price was less ( on sale ) than the San Jose jacket that you're looking at.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mesh Jacket Liner

Don’t have one yet, but plan on getting a Joe Rocket “Dry Tech” liner to go under my First Gear Mesh-Tex jacket. Been told that they work very well and fold up small for easy storage – will work both as a wind blocker and it’s waterproof.

Joe Rocket has nice equipment, just like the First Gear look and the fit is better for me.

http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/item.c ... cts_id=143

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
My wife has the First Gear Mesh Tech and loves it. I have the official Honda version which was about 5.00 cheaper. It is a fantastic summer jacket.

I have seen another type from a new manufacturer called Broush which you can view at: http://www.cbxman.com/

just look around the site for the apparal and you will find the jackets.

harvey
AMA,MTA,ICOA,HRCA,GWRRA
Ride Safe and Ride Often
Richmond, VA

·
Registered
550 Posts
Brosh Tex

I wear the Brosh Tex Super Cool K. Got it this past summer and wore it all summer here in Texas. Was comfortable even when the thermometer went triple digits. Next year I am going to get one of the evaporative vests to wear underneath it.
Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts