GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know of custom fitting manufactures to order Mesh riding pants?

Seems all I can find on line are too long of pants with correct waist, or correct length with too small of waist.

Also, color has to be Silver NOT black. Too hot in Florida for black.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Anyone know of custom fitting manufactures to order Mesh riding pants?
J
Seems all I can find on line are too long of pants with correct waist, or correct length with too small of waist.

Also, color has to be Silver NOT black. Too hot in Florida for black.
Google Motoport, in California. They specialize in made-to-measure armoured motorcycle apparel, and supply roadracers and law enforcement agencies. And yes, they specialize in mesh motorcycle wear.

Tim

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apologies, I missed your requirement for silver, not black.

I got nothing.

Tim
Thanks. Went to the web page. Guess if I asked for silver, it would be doable. $512 is not...I was expecting a higher price than what is shown for mass produced ones, but WOW.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Not custom sizing but Klim and Joe Rocket mesh offers silver...... B.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Alpine Stars?

I have a pair of alpinestars riding pants I bought for our trip to Alaska in 2015.
I was pleased with them, and the fit (as I am not an easy fit either)
I don’t know if they offer custom sizes, but many colors available.
To part of your original question, mine are light grey.

Best of luck in the search.
Bryon

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I just ordered straight from 6th gear. They have the size and length on their web page I was able to order from directly.

I was going through retailers originally and no one held or were out of stock of what I needed.

Reasonable price too.

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
Any seamstress should be able to alter get what fits around "middle " and they can shorten the legs

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any seamstress should be able to alter get what fits around "middle " and they can shorten the legs
Time will tell if what I have coming will do the trick without alterations...

If anything, with this stick body, waist might have to be brought in.....:)

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
Time will tell if what I have coming will do the trick without alterations...

If anything, with this stick body, waist might have to be brought in.....:)
YOU'D BE AMAZED WHAT A SEAMSTRESS CAN DO WITH "A TENT " :surprise::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Aerostich lightweight utility pants.

Custom sizes available.

To really do a fit correctly, go to the headquarters in Duluth, Minnesota - good reason for a ride - and get fit that way.

Make an appointment first.
Gotta love the old ‘excuse to ride’!
Since I live about 40 minutes from Motoport, I have to find a different excuse.

Being taller than average (and over half my life with BMI <22), buying “off the rack” was always a compromise.
I once bought a pair of Joe Rocket pants that came close, but the price was reflected in the quality.

So I saved my money, then murdered my piggy bank and went to Motoport. Wayne makes high quality stuff and it fits like... custom!

Whether you buy from Motoport, Aerostitch, or somewhere else you’ll be paying top dollar for top quality clothing. Do yourself a favor and use the “excuse to ride and have the folks who actually make your gear be the ones who measure you.

You won’t regret it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Looks like Motoport offers four main color options on the pants...black, gray, navy blue, and royal blue. Not sure how dark the gray would be.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
3 or 4 years ago I decided that I deserved and had earned Motoport protection after 45+ years of riding 250,000+ miles. I found a complete extra large size suit on eBay and made the purchase.

Following Motoport's guidelines online I had my wife assist me in measuring my body and then sent the suit and measurements to California. Several hundred of dollars saved and a couple of weeks later I received My Motoport!

Wow! I feel like I am in a Kevlar cocoon!

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WellI I ordered straight from 6th gear earlier today. They have the size and length on their web page I was able to order from directly.

I have never owned mesh pants and ordering the budget price ones first will tell me if I will like riding down the road in mesh pants. If it is anything like my mesh jacket, I will not be sorry.

Will give this one a try when it comes in, in about 5-7 days, and see how the quality and fit works out.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
What size you need? I have some Olympia pants in a 34 inseam that I've worn maybe once or twice.. waist around 40

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What size you need? I have some Olympia pants in a 34 inseam that I've worn maybe once or twice.. waist around 40
I'm good. Thanks anyways.

Ordered a pair from 6th Gear. Coming in next week.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts