GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many great things about these jackets and am going to purchase one. What would you all recommend for pants? I would like to have the protection without roasting in the summer.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
varider said:
I have read many great things about these jackets and am going to purchase one. What would you all recommend for pants? I would like to have the protection without roasting in the summer.
Mesh-tex pants?

http://tinyurl.com/2ldjr

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a Fieldsheer Titanium Air Jacket and pants. Very similar to First Gear's Meshtex jackets and pants. The jacket is great it's soft and not to heavy. Their pants are well constructed. Although I don't wear the pants as much except for long rides they are cooler then anything else other then shorts. First Gear's and Fieldsheer's pants both offer hip protection (a must have) and removable armour in the knees. I also wear Draggin jeans when it's cooler. Good concept but extremely HOT in the summer and NO hip protection. Try www.Helmetharbor.com their prices are below $100.
Randy F
Concord,NC
'02 Silver ABS

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am also trying to find a Mesh Pant.

I recently discovered online that FirstGear has come out with a HT Air Over Pant that I looks a little better than the First Gear Mesh Pants. They are more expensive at around $180. I like the idea of being able to wear the "Overpants" over shorts etc. The HT Air Overpants also come with a liner for colder weather. Has anyone had any experience with this new style?

It surprises me a bit that no one other than Marsee has designed a mesh pant in a color other than Black. I understand that the Marsee is hard to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts