GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have seen a thread in the past about where to find metal 90* valve stems.
Tried a search to no avail.
SO WHERE IN THE WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS DO I FIND SOME OF THESE?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
valves

wingstuff .com has them now.jake wilson acceseries and pathboy .com also no-mar tire changing all of these have the nuts on them.the oem don't have.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Billet valves

Remember to keep the REAR one facing left - as much as you might want them to point right for easier access. The rear one will hit the caliper if you decide to turn it 180 degrees. Don't ask me how I know! Dave

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got the Honda OEM 90 degree stems from Hal, Direct Line Parts, on this board. Fair price, fast shipping, etc in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
WOW! You got "METAL" 90° Honda OEM valve stems from Hal? Show us! Please! Give us the link to them.

Man, some guys just lie in wait for an ambush. Yeah, the OEM stems are metal, too. One can assume that the OP meant ALL metal, but he didn't even specify a Schrader valve. No reason for an ambush tho.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Valves

Remember to keep the REAR one facing left - as much as you might want them to point right for easier access. The rear one will hit the caliper if you decide to turn it 180 degrees. Don't ask me how I know! Dave
Dave - Good comment, thanks for the heads up!:cool:

·
Registered
20,950 Posts
at one time i was seriously considering the 90 degree stems from patchboy

i have put about 400,000 miles on wings with the stock 90 degree Honda stems and NEVER had one that leaked so i decided to just stick with what has been working very well for me

i've been changing valve stems every 100,000 miles

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
i see some sites have a couple of different hole diameters

what size does the wing use
.453 is the one I use and fits like a glove. If you get them from patchboy, it is better to get 10 of them and sell the ones you don't need. Their shipping cost is real high. I got 10 and easily sold 6 here on the board and shipped them through the mail for about a buck each.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
.453 is the one I use and fits like a glove. If you get them from patchboy, it is better to get 10 of them and sell the ones you don't need. Their shipping cost is real high. I got 10 and easily sold 6 here on the board and shipped them through the mail for about a buck each.
thanks john

i was considering the anchor ones, for both the wing and the vtx

the vtx is miserable to check the pressure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts