GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried to remove scraches from early 2000 meter panel screen? bought bike used and theres scratches on all the faces.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I replaced the plexiglass panel on my '05. Easy to do and cheap enough.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
You pprbably won't get deep scratches out without ruining the plastic.

Partzilla shows the part still available. Not cheap, but at least it will be clear again.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the plexiglass panel on my '05. Easy to do and cheap enough.
Guess i'll look into doing that haven't had the full cover off yet to see if its removable on my 2001
Thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Partzilla shows the part still available. Not cheap, but at least it will be clear again.
thanks

·
Registered
1,075 Posts

Wrong part, he has an 1800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Wrong part, he has an 1800.

Says: Has anybody tried to remove scraches from early 2000 meter panel screen? bought bike used and theres scratches on all the faces.
2000 is a 1500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
cihlib, you are absolutely correct, 2000 is a 1500. However in a later post he mentioned it is a 2001.
Guess i'll look into doing that haven't had the full cover off yet to see if its removable on my 2001
Thanks

·
Registered
881 Posts
The only thing worse than no information is misinformation.

IF the speedometer clear plastic panel you need is INDEED for a 2001 - 2005, then the part number would be 37103-MCA-671 and they are available. See Partzilla Search: 37103-MCA-671

Cheaper than for a GL1500.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually all the screens have scraches but the worst is the multi display screen. I need to pull the the gray cover face an see if all the displays are under one piece of plastic glass.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The screen is all one piece covers LCD , TAC, speedo and clock. Cant seem to find a price prob not cheep.

·
Registered
881 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts