GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
You must have some rough roads where you live...I got 11k out of the stock rear Bridgestone...front OEM Bridgestone was replaced too. I would get 15k miles from the front G709 with my old wing...so Im trying the G709 on my 2018 to see it it does better than the OEM Bridgestone did....cant really beat the G709 on the front.
I too got over 11k out of my stock Bridgestone's. Great in all weather conditions and minimal handling degradation when nearing 11k miles. I'm sticking with the Bridgestone's.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I am torn between the Stones and the Elite 4 for my next sneakers; simply because, no sooner than one person say the Stones don't last another says they do. Apparently everyone agrees on their good grip.
The Elite 4 Dunnies apparently do last (according to what I heard) but they are more slippery. Even Fred don't like the grip on the Dunnies.

The Dumflops that come with the 18+ are definitely your typical el slipo-tire. I think they make a huge batch of these freaking things at a cheap price for the Honda to slap on the new bikes.

So I just want to thank everyone for confusing me once again about tire usage. I really appreciate the exasperation and anxiety you have caused me and I will continue to look up these tire thread to expand my capacity to the withstand psychological PTSD I experience before I order tires. :sneaky:

Reactions: Craig Moore

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am torn between the Stones and the Elite 4 for my next sneakers; simply because, no sooner than one person say the Stones don't last another says they do. Apparently everyone agrees on their good grip.
The Elite 4 Dunnies apparently do last (according to what I heard) but they are more slippery. Even Fred don't like the grip on the Dunnies.

The Dumflops that come with the 18+ are definitely your typical el slipo-tire. I think they make a huge batch of these freaking things at a cheap price for the Honda to slap on the new bikes.

So I just want to thank everyone for confusing me once again about tire usage. I really appreciate the exasperation and anxiety you have caused me and I will continue to look up these tire thread to expand my capacity to the withstand psychological PTSD I experience before I order tires. :sneaky:
After you get thoroughly confused go to the establishment that services your wing and ask them what riders in your area are having the best luck with , takes the stress away. If that doesn’t work list all the options here on a piece or paper in random order tape it to the wall and throw a dart!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm late to this thread, but I vividly recall an article years ago in Car and Driver magazine on ultra high performance car tires. A tire engineer, whose identity and company were witheld, said "the BEST performing tire is almost always the NEWEST tire on the market", because the science of tire engineering is advancing, and the industry is very competitive.

So, if in doubt as to what tire to buy, choose the newest one on the market.

(Sidebar: Fred previously mentioned the high/rapid wear on his Bridgestones. My '19 DCT Tour has the original Bridgestones. The bike has 17,719 km and the rear has 2/32" to the wear bar, the front has 1/32" to the wear bar. I ride solo.)

Tim

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
After you get thoroughly confused go to the establishment that services your wing and ask them what riders in your area are having the best luck with , takes the stress away. If that doesn’t work list all the options here on a piece or paper in random order tape it to the wall and throw a dart!
...and that is the most logical and reasonable suggestion I ever heard on tires. I must ask you: What oil do you use?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts