GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any new info on the availability date of the newly designed GL1800 Metzeler front tire???

H

·
0 Posts
They are supposed to be air shipping some before the end of January. As always, we don't believe it until they arrive at our warehouse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good to know, I will be needing new tires soon and now I have a choice....the Avon's or the Metzler's. Hmmmmmm?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Soon

I was down at Apex Sports in Colorado Springs today and have been waiting for a Metzeler front tire. Their tire guy talked today with their distributor and also with Metzeler and they both had info that the tires should start arriving around 7 Feb. When they asked about a redesign of the front tire, they were told that there are no changes in the front tire. Interesting since some of the previous front and rear tires seemed to be a little out of round in the sidewalls, but seemed to be very good tires in general. Perhaps there were no problems with the tire design itself, but just in their manufacturing procedures -- no info on that, but that would be my guess if they have not changed the tire. Stopping the line for a while might have allowed them to make some manufacturing improvements. We'll see. I'm going to stick with the Metz for a while and see how the Avons are working out. If I needed both front and rear, I might have gone to the Avon now, but for now I'll stick with the Metzelers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ihave been waiting for a replacement since August. Was told December it would be at the local dealer's for me. In January I checked, and was told for sure mid Feb. Can't wait to leave the wobble behind.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Metzeler front

ok Hal, ordered it. Hope the waiting list isn't toooo long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts