GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeff from Metzler told me in December that they would be here by the middle of January. I just called them. Now Jeff said the end of this month. I ask about the wobble. Was told that there was a change & no more wobble. I ask again if he ment the end of February THIS YEAR. He said he is REAL sure they will be here by then. I have had a new front tire on order with Hal since November. Looking at 2 feet of snow outside I guess I can wait a little longer.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was getting ready to find out who I should call.

I hope they accomplished what they say they did. They (Metzler) have supposedly always been a good tire manufacture. This will be my first set. On my 1200 I had Dunlops.

·
Registered
309 Posts
That's funny I called there myself and some snippy little girl told me Jeff left the company a week ago and would not confirm if I was on the list to get a new front tire or not. I will never buy a Metzler tire again. I was treated like a red headed step child. Thats the first time I was treated so poorly from Metzler. I guess your only as good as the people that work for you.

·
Chard Member
12,975 Posts
Closetchef said:
You don't look like a red-head to me!
But, I do........What in the heck is wrong with a "REDHEADED STEPCHILD"? I'm now offended! :(

After I installed Wobblers, I mean Metzlers, back in Nov I saw within a few weeks I was not getting any help from Metzler with my problem. Jeff at Metzler was honest with me though! He said he didn't have any idea when a tire would be available and they didn't have a clue why they wobbled. Not much he could do since there wasn't any front tires available to replace what I had. They handled like dung anyway!

Luckily my dealer offered to remove them and install any other brand I wanted(free)! I went back to the Stones and glad I did. If I can't afford two sets of quality tires a year I need to be riding a moped instead of a Wing.

Thanks for the update.

Jimmie...Had breakfast with some of our Valk Brothers this morning in Brooksville!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Not trying to agrue with anyone, but I've got about 12,000 miles on the Metzler's and have had no trouble with the wobble everyone talks about. A couple of friends also have the Metzler's and have not had any wobble. Gotta think they had a good batch in there somewhere.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Jimmie that is REAL FUNNY

Well Jimmie that is REAL FUNNY. They have 3 Jeffs there at that location from what I was told by Metzler today. The first one I talked to TODAY was the wrong one. Maybe you dialed the WRONG #. Don't know why they told you what they did & I can't physically PROVE that either of the TWO guys I talked to REALLY are NAMED JEFF either. BUT, the second JEFF I talked to today SURE did sound like the same voice I talked to in December. Maybe I dialed FIRESTONE by mistake. NOT

·
Registered
168 Posts
The "two-Jeff's" story

That snippy girl Jimmie referred to was the same one that called me back, after I left four or five messages for Jeff Seibert at Metzler. Jeff "Seibert", I learned, has moved to Metzler's racing-division, leaving Jeff "Johnson" as the general tire-rep. I have (also) been on their list for a non-wobble front-tire exchange, but the young lady when I spoke with her, while she assurred me Metzler was working the problem, had no idea when I might see a tire. I believe Metzler's in the M/C tire business to stay, which means they'll resolve the problems some of us have had with their ME880. (Snippy girls, aside.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts