GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out I have to go to West Virginia next week on business. I can take the bike!! WOO HOO!! Question, Does anyone know where I can pick up a Metzler Lasertec 130-70-18 in the Dallas area? I don't have enough tread to make it there and back.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I know of a few local bike shops around the Arlington area that could order it for you. I'd imagine there's probably one closer to you in Dallas that could do the same, but if not, I'll make a quick phone call for you.

Do you need someone to install it too... or will you be doing that yourself?

Bob

PS: Nice bike... sounds like we have the same bike! :)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I can install it myself. If I can't find one very close, I may go with a Bridgestone 701.

Our bikes do look alot alike!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
TT
If you dont have any luck finding a tire on short notice I have a Bridgestone with a little over 100 miles on it that is mounted up and ready to go. I am running an alternate tire on mine right now. Let me know and you can come over and we can mount it up. I will be on a group ride tomorrow morning till 3 or so. I am 20 miles East of downtown Dallas.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Touring Specialties
(817) 572-0381
2750 N Main St, Mansfield, TX 76063 Get directions
Cross Streets: Between Turner Warnell Rd and Idle Wheels Ct
www.touringspecialties.com
Write a review
Save for later Send to Print
Share your photos of Touring Specialties.
Upload now.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Touring Specialties
(817) 572-0381
2750 N Main St, Mansfield, TX 76063 Get directions
Cross Streets: Between Turner Warnell Rd and Idle Wheels Ct
www.touringspecialties.com
Write a review
Save for later Send to Print
Share your photos of Touring Specialties.
Upload now.
:agree:
His website doesn't work anymore... but this is one of the shops near my house that I was going to recommend.

"Cycle Dave" is a legend in these parts... I've bought things from his store for over 20 years.

Highly Recommended!

Bob

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I called around to all the places close to work or the house. Couldn't find the Stone 701 or Lasertec. Went with the E3. I've used them before as was happy with them. I've already mounted it this morning and about to go out for a test ride.

Thanks again for the help.

David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts