GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put over 26K miles on a pair of metzlers. The driving conditions are mostly freeway miles with some mountain miles thrown in for fun. Thought the board would be interested in this information.

BlueIllusion

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
WOW! I got half that on the original Stones, but then I was running too low of pressure for the first 6k. Have you been running 40 to 41 #'s in your tires?

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I am still on my original set of Stones 02 1800. I have almost 12,000 miles on them and they are still ok. The front tire has cupped but it is not bad. I hope to get at least 15,000 out of them cause my front tire has not come in. It is back ordered from Hal. I ordered a set of Mets for it. I did not know at the time that they had quit selling the front tire due to the wobble in the front.
This leads me to the question. Jrobinson, Have you felt or had any problem with the wobble that alot of people have experienced?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mostly 2-up, 12.5k on my the OEM Bridgestones at 41 & 41psi. 18k out of my front Metz, and 22.5k out of the rear, both @42psi. Almost all was 2-lane roads and 10k of the rear Metz mileage was pulling a Bunkhouse trailer. Currently, I have over 10k on the front Metz and over 6k on the rear Metz. Both have a long way to go before needing replacement.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I've got about 12,000 on mine,with lots of tread left.The front tire is showing some signs of cupping,but nothing serious.
Been running 40-41
I would like to think that I could get another 14,000 out of these,but I don't think it's going to happen.I think I will be lucky if I get another 4-5000.
I started getting the deceleration wobble after about 7-8000 miles,but it doesn't seem to be a problem if I keep my hands on the handlebars where they are supposed to be.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Metz tire life

i guess it all depends on how you ride. i replaced my rear Metz at 11,000 miles as it was down to th wear bars in three different places. i think th front will last me about 14,000 miles total. Th front is ah little cupped but not real bad. I run 41 lbs front & rear. :22yikes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.