GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the stand, was expecting a long box. For information, the whole stand comes dissassembled and fits in the base box. Guessing, 18"x13" x 5". Was really surprised how compact it really is, once the support wheels are screwed in place, it still fits back in the base. To use, the two side supports just slip in place and screwed in with two bolts each. My worry when ordering it was where to put it. So for everyone else, it is compact, and nice. Pricey, but nice.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Sorry for the stupid question, but I assume you're using it for wheel balancing? Have you tried a rear wheel yet? What additional adapters, if any, do you need to balance the wheels? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
You don't need any additional adapters to do Wings wheels. I did both on mine, and it worked great on both.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lucky phil, what wheel weights did you use. I noticed the back wheel has a crimped on weight.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I used stick on weights bought at the auto store. I'm hoping that they stay on, I've never used them before. There are places on the web to buy cycle weights, but I procrastinated too long. The weight you have on yours is probably the original Honda weight that clips on the ridge in the center of the wheel. If it's like the one that I had on mine, it is re-usable. I'm sure that they are more expensive. Hope this helps you.

I haven't ridden my bike since balancing the wheels. Right now, I'm in the middle of changing fork oil (see that post), and after that it's mbl handlebar risers, hopefully changing the fan directions and Tulsa mirror wings. Also have another day and a half for the Bushtec fender brace to cure.

Sorry about hijacking the post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts