GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching the archives I still can't find an answer to the following question...

I understand that Mic-Mutes open both mics by a tap of either the rider's CB PTT switch or the optional passenger PTT switch, then toggle them off with an additional tap. What I'd like to be able to do is use both switches in conventional PTT fashion by just holding them down while speaking like transmitting in an aircraft. Do the Mic-Mutes provide this functionality in addition to the first method? (I do not have the Honda CB system installed)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Sorry Bartman, you are incorrect.

Realize 2 rules of how the logic circuits of Mic-Mutes functions.

1) Mic-Mutes will only toggle with the quick hit-release of either PTT
2) Mic-Mutes will always turn ON the mics when you hold either PTT switch. This is to allow normal CB operation.

First toggle your mics OFF using rule #1. Then if you were to push and hold either PTT as if talking on the CB, when you release the PTT the mics will return to OFF (rule # 2), because you didn't satisfy the quick hit-release to cause a toggle (rule #1).

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Yes, both can use the buttons as Ptt switches, works fine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bill, my order has been made!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Ya learn something new every day!!!

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
OK, this is good news then.

But if you have a CB and it is turned on, this will not work, correct?

For example, if you have your CB on, depressing the PTT and holding it would cause you to transmit over the CB. In order for the scenario to work like the OP stated, wouldn't the CB have to be turned off (press and hold the CB button until the CB indicator disappears from the display)?

This could be a great selling feature of the Mic-Mutes. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Good information to have, wish I had known this since I bought the mic-mutes, guess I didn't think about it enough.

If I now understand it, it will work this way whether the CB is on or off, but if the CB is on you will be transmitting your personal conversation to the world, (well not really the world since the transmit distance of my CB is maybe a mile).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts