GL1800Riders Forums banner

Mic-Mutes Question

742 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Morph 
#1 ·
On my 2003 GL1800 I have Mic-Mutes plus XM on AUX, Gramin 2720 GPS on I/C, Motorolla V551/CellSet on I/C (w/ BlueTooth HF820) and Honda CB.

I typically listen to XM all the time w/ Mic-Mute toggled to Mute to avoid wind cutting off sound from XM.

If I am also using GPS I can't hear the GPS talk unless I toggle the Mic-Mute to non-Mute. However, I can hear the Cell phone (but not always the phone ring).

It would be nice to hear GPS when Mic-Mutes on in Mute mode. The way it works now, I have to put Mic-Mutes in non-Mute mode so I can hear GPS talk but then wind noise will cause XM to go low.

I guess Mic-Mutes expects 2-way communication or no communication. But with a GPS there is 1-way communication (GPS to rider only).

I hope that is clear.

Is there something I can do to let GPS sound thru when Mic-Mutes is in Mute mode?

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
It sounds as if you have the mic-mutes installed in front of some of your accessories. I had the same problem. I went back in and installed the mic-mutes in line after all my other accessories. Mic-mutes should be last in line so they don't affect your other items. I have GPS, radar detector, and cell phone and they all transmit through my headset even when the mic-mutes are toggled on.

#5 ·
Orange Power,

Lil Rascal is correct. You have the connection sequence bass ackwards.

Starting from helmet and following the cables inboard, the first adapter should be the Mic-Mutes adapter. Next the GPS or cell phone connection, and then the bike's wiring harness. There is a simple block diagram of this sequence on our website.

Having it this way allows you to toggle your mics off to remove the wind and road noises and still hear your intercom interfaced GPS or cell phone.

With a cell phone of course you need your mics on to talk. But the neat feature with Mic-Mutes and a cell phone interface is that Mic-Mutes allows you to toggle your mics on-off as you speak-listen during a phone call. This makes it easier for you to hear your caller while your mics are off because of the removed wind and road noises.

I hope that this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.