GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hardly ever come to this site anymore and I'm sure that there are many members here who have never heard or me or my product Mic-Mutes. It's a system that enhances a wired intercom. Mic-Mutes has become obsolete due to the wireless audio system on the new model Gold Wing.

That's the reason for why I'm closing up. I'll soon be turning off my website, and closing my Paypal and business bank accounts.

If you have a wired intercom this will be your last chance to try Mic-Mutes. I have a little inventory remaining for 1800, 1500, JM-2000DU and Yamaha Royal Star Venture. Once I shut down I wont sell anything remaining. I will though be available for tech support and warranty parts.

I ride very little now and remain a board member with my 2004 Gold Wing.

Thanks to the many friends that I made on this board, the various meet ups and rides over the last 10 or so years

Bill Morphy

·
Registered
641 Posts
Bill, your product is/was a great addition to my '05 Wing and saved my ears from many noise factors. When I sold the '05 I left the Mic-Mutes on the bike and they are still in use by the Gent that bought it. I've never had the noise issue on the '12 that I currently ride. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bill, your product was the first thing I added to the three GL1800's I've had. The function and quality was absolutely the best.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Back when I used the wired intercom your Mic-Mute system was indispensable.
Good luck with your future endeavors.

Reactions: OldFatGuy

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
One of the best things added to my '03 and moved over to my '10. It has not failed me, sure hope it keeps working as long as I need it to, no reason to think it won't, other than age.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You helped this newbie with two left thumbs install them at Cats Cade even before I had helmet speakers. Been a life changer, I've heard every word my wife's said. Best of luck in whatever endeavor comes next.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Thanks for a great product Morph. Mic-Mutes is the first and best thing I added to my 05. It's still on there and working great.

I highly recommend to anyone who does not have it, grab one before they're gone.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Congrats with your decision to close down..........But I can probably say that it will be big relief off your mind, and much weight off your back........

When I sold my heating/plumbing business, after 25 years of 24 hour a day service, two years ago, I was at first devastated, "what have I done"?? Well i can now say ****WOW**** what a relief,
No more 2Am service calls, (drive there to only find that they shut off their thermostat) and then argue with the customer about payment cause all's I did was too flick the switch back on, and feel that I shouldn't get paid , no more phone ringing off the hook, no more driving all over the state, no more coming home all dirty and oily, no more missing fun trips with the wife or friends cause i just got another emergency service call...

I bet that you will be relieved!!! relax and start enjoying life..................Aaaaaaaaaaaaa life is good!

I LOVE MY RETIREMENT!

Ronnie

·
Registered
970 Posts
The only trouble that I have had with my Mic Mutes is that some dummy keeps turning down the volume and doesn't tell me. >:)>:)
Think I should move that control? Or get smaller fingers?

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Best wishes to ya. I've used on my 02 and my 08.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Heck of an invention, Bill - thanks for allowing us to do what you wanted it to do all those years ago!

·
IronMan
17,618 Posts
Congrats with your decision to close down..........But I can probably say that it will be big relief off your mind, and much weight off your back........

When I sold my heating/plumbing business, after 25 years of 24 hour a day service, two years ago, I was at first devastated, "what have I done"?? Well i can now say ****WOW**** what a relief,
No more 2Am service calls, (drive there to only find that they shut off their thermostat) and then argue with the customer about payment cause all's I did was too flick the switch back on, and feel that I shouldn't get paid , no more phone ringing off the hook, no more driving all over the state, no more coming home all dirty and oily, no more missing fun trips with the wife or friends cause i just got another emergency service call...

I bet that you will be relieved!!! relax and start enjoying life..................Aaaaaaaaaaaaa life is good!

I LOVE MY RETIREMENT!

Ronnie
POST YOUR HOME # WE CAN SOLVE YOUR "WHAT A RELIEF " PROBLEM :wink2::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Dan18960

·
Registered
138 Posts
Will Mic-Mutes work on my 2013 F6B, non-deluxe?

I am having an awful time with wind, road and engine noise on our intercom. The web site doesn’t mention my bike specifically. I also left you a VM.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad I bought mic-mutes last year for my 2012 1800 Goldwing. I have no idea why Honda didn’t build this into the bike in the first place. We wore out the batteries in a set of Bluetooth headsets and didn’t want to mess with batteries anymore. Anyone reading this post that uses the wired intercom system, get mic-mutes now! Wind noise begone!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I read a little about your product. I have been searching for something that will do what your product description says. How would I be able to pick up one of your remaining stock for a 2012 1800 and what is the cost?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I read a little about your product. I have been searching for something that will do what your product description says. How would I be able to pick up one of your remaining stock for a 2012 1800 and what is the cost?
I replied to your PM. Just go to my website. Link provided in the PM reply.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts