GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a recent long trip I realized we can't handle the wind noise in the intercome system....the wind noise is difficult to control with the standard Goldwing controls.

I am looking at purchasing a set of Mic Mutes. Does anyone have these items? how do you like them? would you recommend them? any suggestions and/or ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have it and love it, I installed the J&M passenger controller for the wife. Much better than turning off the intercom and use the tap on the shoulder method, (she would tap and start talking and by the time I got to the button, she had to repeat what she said)

·
Registered
437 Posts
mic-mutes

I just installed some a month ago and wish I had done this long ago, buy the set with the push to talk button for your passenger if you do not have one , they are easy to install and Bill Morphy will be very helpful should you need him, great product

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I have mic-mutes and only have on thing to add to the conversation. When installing them, use an electrical tie wrap on the connectors. The connectors they used when my set was made did not have the little locking pin like the OEM connectors. While on a trip in Colorado, one of the connectors had loosened up and we had no intercom at all. It was not a big job to fix but a PIA to remove the seat to trace down the wires.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
I would buy them again. Have had a couple issues with corrosion on the RJ11? connectors but a cleaning up and applying di-electric grease has solved that.

·
Registered
624 Posts
+1 for Mic-Mutes. We both have PTT and also use the shoulder tap as GregP stated. Worth the cost, without a doubt! :thumbup:

Ride Safe and God Bless

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a set of used mic-mutes that I would be willing to sell. they do work !
if someone wants them shoot me a far price.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Installed them at Cats Cade even before we had headsets. I don't have a PTT for Gwyn, allowing me to turn it off if the discussion isn't going my way. Wonderful investment.

·
Registered
242 Posts
mic mutes

Have recently installed the mic mutes and it is one of the best upgrades I've made on the bike. Definately worth it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hello REH, just curious are you having to use a mic-mute on your '02 as well as your '08?

Didn't Honda cure the mic/wind problem from '06 on?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts