GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about buying a set to get rid of the background noise while ridding. I don't know anything about them and before I spend the money, I wanted to check with fellow riders. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
A good investment. I have had them on my bike for two years and would not be without them. It makes it real nice when the boss is on the back. We can converse back and forth without any trouble and not have to listen to all the wind noise in between transmissions.

Morph is good to deal with and he will wash his bike anywhere. (Somewhat private joke :wink: )

5Ross

·
Registered
76 Posts
We've used them on the last two 1800's and would not be without them. It's great to be able to cut out the noise when we're not talking but easy for either one of us to trigger the switches to talk. Be sure to install the ppt at rear speaker for passenger.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate all the input, it sounds like they are going to be a good deal. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I never leave home without mine either. Easy install, great Vendor.

Yes, Bill will wash his bike right in front of the kitchen door, even though there were better choices...LOL You are forgiven! :lol:

Bulldog

·
Registered
290 Posts
I really do like mine-especially when it is windy or going above mph.

I do not have the riders' installed, only the passengers'. That way my mike is always open.

She can hear me, but I cain't hear her!! :wink:

Dwight

·
Registered
567 Posts
Trust Fred..........I know I do!

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Money well spent and as others have said, Morph is one of the good ones. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
They work great (once I convinced my wife when she asks me a question she can leave the mikes open so I can answer). Just kidding. It makes listening to music so much better when it doesn't have to compete with the wind noise.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Chris,

I'm sorry that my wife was unable to answer your question on the telephone.

To answer, Mic-Mutes detects very quick and brief taps (hit-release) of either CB PTT to cause both mics to toggle. So quick that your CB doesn't have enough time to key up. No one hears your intercom conversation on the CB because you don't hold the PTT to turn on your mics for intercom.

Now when you hold the PTT as to key up the CB, your mics are always on when holding the PTT to allow normal CB use.

You don't need to to have the CB installeded on the GL1800 to have Mic-Mutes.

Next year @ Cats-Cade I'll be washing a magenta GL1800 to make the mud puddle. :D

·
Registered
766 Posts
Without a doubt, one of the best accessories I've ever added to my bike. Works like a charm and made my riding much more enjoyable.

You da man Morph!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really appreciate all the responses to my question. I am sold of the product and service. It is great to have this site to come to with questions, becuase you always get friendly and sincere responses.

Again, thanks!!!!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
They work as advertised but I find I leave the I/C off more and more. We don't chat much other than at the beginning or end of a ride. At my stage now, i would not get them just because of that, but if you USE your I/C, definitely get the Mic-Mutes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts