GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the "KD" base and arms to mount a "heavy"peg. My experience with the purchase and the product were excellant, well beyond my expectations.

I do not have any complaints, just a question or two.

When I set the right side base at a 20-45 deg. angle as instructed, it just touches the lower valve cover. Is this normal, and other than possible scratches in an area that is not visable, is there anything to be concerned about?

bbc

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have the mic-O-Pegs....is your foot peg in or out?

Mine are out thus no problems, I would not recommend that it touch your valve cover...the covers get really hot on warm days...may damage the sleeve on the Mic-O-Peg foot rest...call the company..the owner is real nice...he helped me with some of my questions...

Good Luck

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
You are one of the few to experience this. (I am another.)

The problem is caused by the engine guards. They are not sized consistently from bike to bike. Honda or whoever is making these for Honda must have some leeway in the specs because some engine guards end up closer to the valve covers than most. This sometimes does allow the mounting clamp to touch the covers.

Mine have not caused problems and we have had no reports of any from those whose engine guards are closer to the valve cover like yours and mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts