GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a few hundred on the PA3 I like it better than the Kumho. I don't notice it trying to stand up so quick out of a turn and it doesn't seem to be affected by the tar snakes as much. Maybe just because it is new but I am happy. :yes:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Wazted, that's what it's all about. Finding the tire that suits you!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
:congrats: on the Alpin PA3!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I like my Michelin Alpin!! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Well after a few hundred on the PA3 I like it better than the Kumho. I don't notice it trying to stand up so quick out of a turn and it doesn't seem to be affected by the tar snakes as much. Maybe just because it is new but I am happy. :yes:
Happy Is what it is all about :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I think you can get Michelin tires at Sams Club too.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I just put the Michelin Alpin ROF on the wing before our Colorado trip two weeks ago. I am very pleased with this tire. We did over 3,000 miles in 10 days (1030 on the first day-our first SS-1000)This tire took us through 106 degree temps in Kansas and on the return trip 108 degree temp in Oklahoma. On Pikes Peak it was 39 degrees, we also rode this tire up Mt Evans and boy do you need a sure footed tire on that road!). It never slipped, it never caused me any concern. It rides much truer than the Pirelli that I just took off. It corners better than the Kumho. I really like this Michelin. If I get as good a mileage as I did the Pirelli (21,000+) I will be sticking with the Michelin. It was only $137.00 too!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am thinking about ordering a spare one just in case they get scarce.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I am thinking about ordering a spare one just in case they get scarce.
That's what happened to me last year with my Sunny. I bought it and tried it out and liked it real well. Went back to check on another and they were gone!

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
I have 2 new ones waiting one mounted on a spare wheel:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Michelin

I thought the Alpin Pa3 was a winter tire
Andy

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I used one last Winter. Even though it is designated as a "Winter", the tire will make just about anyone happy, in any climate. Handles and wears as well as any of the RFs. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
From what I can gather, stipulating it is a winter tires means they recommend not mixing it with other tires on your auto, because it has more 32nds and has a more aggressive tread pattern, different compound, it may have different traction properties. As I stated earlier I have about 3,500 miles on it from 108 degree temps to 39 degree temps and from just above sea level to 14,240' altitude and had no adverse results at all. I really like the tire so far. Thanks Trialman and others for the earlier good report on this one!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
That's what happened to me last year with my Sunny. I bought it and tried it out and liked it real well. Went back to check on another and they were gone!
I didn't try to order but tires-easy.com appears to have them for $67.70.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I didn't try to order but tires-easy.com appears to have them for $67.70.
Yes:thumbup: and thank you! I have one on my wing now and a new one sitting around waiting to be mounted when it's needed!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not enough "O"s in smoooooooooooooooth to describe how this tire rides.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Michelin pa3

I didnt say I didnt like it, just that its a winter tire and as such I run it in the winter and a summer CT tire in the summer. Have used one up already and have a new one mounted on the spare rim for when it gets cold. Great tire
Andy

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Andy, how many miles did you get out of it? I have almost 5K on mine and it still looks like its new.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts