GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michelin Alpine Primacy Z1, is what I have on my bike , it’s been a great tire, I need another one but can’t find them, anyone know if they are still around ?
or
can someone give me another tire that’s as good as my Alpine, I don’t hang out on this site very much,
so a complete tire name would be really appreciated, you guys that are here a lot, use acronyms and they don’t mean much to me .
Thanks

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Alpine is no longer available, Bridgestone Drivegard is pretty much similar to the Alpine, with 12/32 tread!! & load limit of 1201 lbs, all weather tread, M & S, Is as good in the rain as Alpine, imho. Asymetrical tire.
I run 28psi , more for twisttys, 6000 miles so far and shows no wear yet. still at 12/32nds!!!

I got 43, 000 miles out of my last Alpine but I am a "easy rider".

What did you get out of your Alpine??

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have about 38,000 on it now, easy rider as well, I’m going to go a few more K , I have extra rim, so I’m getting something mounted on it ,
Is the Bridgestone Driveguard a run flat ?
Thanks for your reply !

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
YES the Bridgestone Driveguard is a runflat. I should have posted that, because MANY people are confused when we talk about CT and think we all are running regular CT, which is a totally different concept.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Aloha saje,
Yes, the Drive Guard is a run flat.
Sorry, missed the above reply.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
The Drive Guard is a very popular tire. Another popular tire is the Pirelli P1 Run Flat. It has an asymmetrical tread pattern, handles very well, and does very well in the wet.

·
IronMan
17,105 Posts
HAVENT TRIED BUT WHAT I
The Drive Guard is a very popular tire. Another popular tire is the Pirelli P1 Run Flat. It has an asymmetrical tread pattern, handles very well, and does very well in the wet.
HAVE READ PIRELLI GREAT TIRE HANDLES AND "FEELS " GOOD BUT DONT GET MILEAGE OUT OF THEM ! ?? MAYBE HAS SOFTER RUBBER AND THATS WHY GRIPS SO GOOD . HAVE A DRIVEGUARD GONNA PUT ON THIS WEEKEND ( 4 TH ONE ) THEN PROBABLY TRY PIRELLI OR WHAT ELSE OUT THERE THEN

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS (runflat) is also a popular tire.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
HAVENT TRIED BUT WHAT I

HAVE READ PIRELLI GREAT TIRE HANDLES AND "FEELS " GOOD BUT DONT GET MILEAGE OUT OF THEM ! ?? MAYBE HAS SOFTER RUBBER AND THATS WHY GRIPS SO GOOD . HAVE A DRIVEGUARD GONNA PUT ON THIS WEEKEND ( 4 TH ONE ) THEN PROBABLY TRY PIRELLI OR WHAT ELSE OUT THERE THEN
The one I've been running currently has a little over 14,000 miles on it and has about 4/32" remaining. Of course I've run it on some long rides, many of which were somewhat spirited, the bike was often overloaded, and always 2 up. I've been looking at the Drive Guard for my next tire, but moving away from something that worked so well is hard. You know how we are. ;)

·
Registered
20,674 Posts
What is M&S supposed to mean ?

Alpine is no longer available, Bridgestone Drivegard is pretty much similar to the Alpine, with 12/32 tread!! & load limit of 1201 lbs, all weather tread, M & S, Is as good in the rain as Alpine, imho. Asymetrical tire.
I run 28psi , more for twisttys, 6000 miles so far and shows no wear yet. still at 12/32nds!!!

I got 43, 000 miles out of my last Alpine but I am a "easy rider".

What did you get out of your Alpine??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts