GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a michelin pilot gt tire on there bike or trike front wheel.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
It works well for both 2 or 3 wheels.

Bart-You should of googled it-I did. :thumbup: http://www.ronayers.com/ProductDetails/N/643/SKU/30611
Oh, I did and saw that tire, but it specifically states it's for a GL1500, not an 1800.

I also visited the Michelin website. They do not have a tire that is recommended for use on the GL1800. I also downloaded the entire Michelin Motorcycle Tire catalog. None available in the OEM size.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Oh, I did and saw that tire, but it specifically states it's for a GL1500, not an 1800.

I also visited the Michelin website. They do not have a tire that is recommended for use on the GL1800. I also downloaded the entire Michelin Motorcycle Tire catalog. None available in the OEM size.

both the 15 & 1800's use the same size.many have run this tire for years without issue on the front of either bike.

You're running a rear tire that's not supposed to be on there.-and it works right! :shrug:

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
both the 15 & 1800's use the same size.many have run this tire for years without issue on the front of either bike.

You're running a rear tire that's not supposed to be on there.-and it works right! :shrug:
Interesting...

Here is the tire in question, the one on the Ron Ayres website. This is DIRECT from the Michelin Catalog:

Is it something that was discontinued in 2009 because it's not showing as available for either 2010 or 2011.

·
Registered
926 Posts
They stopped making them...the BEST tire for the GL1500 I had ever tried...I burned through 3 sets of them (about 16K miles per set)...

If I could still get them I would not have tried the Darkside...

The last set I know of is in my garage (belonging to a friend of mine for his 1500)....:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts