GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any body used a michelin pilot gt tire on the front of a trike with the rotation reversed.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Pilot

Yes and it seams like a very good tire. I have friends that have put 20000 plus miles on them all different brands of trikes around 30000 is the average. JMO

Sonney

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Bubba, have over 36,000 on one Michelin MPA, over 37,000 on a Bridgestone BT45 and now over 20K on another MPA that I had in the wings when my BT45 was used up. Plan to go back to the BT45 after the MPA.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Note that he's asking about the Michelin Pilot GT, not the Pilot Activ.

The GT is an older Michelin tire that may be discontinued, it doesn't appear on Michelin's website.

You wouldn't want to reverse the rotation, its a front tire. The Activ people use is a rear, which is why many people reverse the rotation when putting it up front.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Pilot 2 Activ

Best thing I ever did. I used to get about 8,000 miles on the front before I switched. Steers like power steering and is good on wet and dry pavement. I would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Note that he's asking about the Michelin Pilot GT, not the Pilot Activ. . .
I did. Never a bad time to highlight some good results for those tires that most trikers are using.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Well straighten me out....

Next time I want to get the Battleax 45 rear tire, put it on the front and reverse it, but I notice there are two Battleax 45's. One is the rear that I mentioned the other is a front tire called Battleax 45 Sport. I have read some bad reviews on the Sport so want to be sure which one everyone is bragging about.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Next time I want to get the Battleax 45 rear tire, put it on the front and reverse it, but I notice there are two Battleax 45's. One is the rear that I mentioned the other is a front tire called Battleax 45 Sport. I have read some bad reviews on the Sport so want to be sure which one everyone is bragging about.
It is (the one that I use), BT 45 Rear. Good luck with it and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
It is (the one that I use), BT 45 Rear. Good luck with it and ride safe.
Thats the one I use, did'nt like the buzzing from the Mitchelin. Charley

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Thanks guys

Now as soon as my buzzing MPA wears out I'll try the BA45.:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts