GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd get an early start on inviting everyone to our New Years day ride.

So far it's looking like the snow has all been dumped in Colorado so we should have clear roads. However, since this is Michigan and it can change hourly, any way you get there is fine. :p

Date: New Years day, of course.
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Place: Steak N Shake in Lansing, Mi.
540 E. Edgewood Blvd.
Off I-96, exit 104. Take exit ramp (turns into Edgewood Blvd) across Cedar St and the restaraunt is on the left.

P.S. Hey Red, come on up for a Polar Bear ride. :lol:

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Let me be the first to reply.

I just talked to Polecat and if the weather is good enough we are both maybe going to ride our cruisers up there... This means no salt, or rain and above 45 deg. Right now the 10 day forecast looks good.

Time will tell :wink: :wink:

Ross

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Looks like I'll be there if the weather continues to cooperate.
See ya all next year. :wink:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
We're hoping to see you all there!

Merry Christmas

Becky & Rich

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
We will try and make it, even though we will be driving the cage. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
OK, have it on my calendar.

See what the weather man delivers!

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Frank, sounds like a great plan. We will both try to make it as long as the weather holds out.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Weather reports are going down hill (34 and snow/rain mix), however, the get together will go on regardless.

P.S. still waiting to hear if Red's going to make it. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
The way the weather is changing I may have to ride the Wing or the Cherokee. DRATTTTTSSS, I was looking forward to the free steak...LOLOL

Right now all of the salt has dissapeared around here. The temps. have been ok to do a little riding. We will just have to wait and see.

Heck, I might just head to Rich and Becky's house and then head to Lansing from there. (with the Cherokee)

Ross

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
How long of a ride is this? There's a New Year's Ride here but it's sponsored by a Harley store so, obviously, it has to be short. :roll: :p :wink: :) :D

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gary,
For you it would be 132 miles one way. Straight shot up I-69 to I-96 in Lansing, then east to exit 104. Bike or car, doesn't matter.

Have some lunch, laugh at "Old Man Winter", reminisce about last summers rides and plan for next years, then head home again.
Frank

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Weather prediction as of Wednesday, 12/27:
New Years Day
Cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Highs 35 to 39. Chance of snow 40 percent.

Looks like 60% chance of no precipitation. Forecast says rain the night before. Roads should be ok.

·
Registered
224 Posts
New Years ride

I'm gonna try and make this one, hope the weather cooperates would prefer to bring the wing, but will be there either way. Lokking forward to meeting some more local wing riders & see some familar faces..

Radar

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
We will be there rain, snow or sun shine. Might be in the cage, but we will make it.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
HiYoSilver said:
Gary,
For you it would be 132 miles one way. Straight shot up I-69 to I-96 in Lansing, then east to exit 104. Bike or car, doesn't matter.

Have some lunch, laugh at "Old Man Winter", reminisce about last summers rides and plan for next years, then head home again.
Frank
Frank,

I must've misunderstood your orignal post about a "New Years day ride." I was thinking you meant you had a ride planned that would depart the Steak 'N Shake at 1PM.

If end up making it up there, I'll probably take the secondary/tertiary roads like 427, old 27, etc., rather than the interstate. It's a longer, slower route, but isn't that the point? :wink: :)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
The forecast (depending on which one you look at) estimates a high temp of 41 to 47 degrees and 70% chance of no rain.

Radar52 - If you decide to ride, i'm just up the road near US12 and US23. I'll propably stop at the Harvest Moon for coffee before heading north if you want to meet up.

Frank, you're invite too. Along with anybody else coming from Detroit Metro area.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts