GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"This is for Michigan residents only".

As of July 1, 2020 The MCCA fee we have been paying on both MC's and car's is going away. If you have the correct medical insurance (you will have to discuss that with your'e provider) the PIP insurance you are now carrying can be either waived completely or based off your coverage reduced. You will need to call your medical insurance and ask them verbatim "Michigan Reform PIP if I were injured in a accident am I covered?" If yes you can waive the PIP section of your MC and Car insurance.

FYI I am paying $617.00 a year for my GW with replacement value. As of 7/2/2020 it will now cost $356.00.

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
Here in Delaware you can only get 15k of PIP on a motorcycle..I have it with 0 deductable....wish I could get a higher amount..15k would only cover some road rash at a hospital if god forbid you were to need it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here in Delaware you can only get 15k of PIP on a motorcycle..I have it with 0 deductable....wish I could get a higher amount..15k would only cover some road rash at a hospital if god forbid you were to need it.
That is unbelievably low, 15K ouch. You can purchase up to 1M in medical expense for about $105.00 annually.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I don't know if we have that here in California.
We don't have any medical coverage on our motorcycle insurance, but we do have full medical coverage, since my wife works at a hospital, and we have very good insurance with them.
We also have a AFLAC accident policy. That gives us extra money if we are ever involved in any type of accident, whether it be a motor vehicle or not.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if we have that here in California.
We don't have any medical coverage on our motorcycle insurance, but we do have full medical coverage, since my wife works at a hospital, and we have very good insurance with them.
We also have a AFLAC accident policy. That gives us extra money if we are ever involved in any type of accident, whether it be a motor vehicle or not.
This only applies to Michigan due to changes beginning 7/1/2020.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts