GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Muskegon, I thought I would head up north to the Bridge (Mackinaw) for an over nighter. It was an easy ride so I kept on. Well I ended up in Copper Harbor. What a ride, great weather, great people, great roads, and about a zillion motorcycles on the road, mostly HD's , everybody waved, everybody was happy. Lots of wingers too, they were by far the happiest and waved the hardest.

Highly recommended trip, there was some color (14-16 Sept.) in northern part of UP, about 2 more weeks needed for better color, but the weather will be iffy then.

Good motel prices at the small ones: 38 -42 bucks for a single.

Moby

·
Registered
110 Posts
Copper Harbor

Hi Moby sounds like a nice ride. I rode up to Copper Harbor (on the 'fin' as they say) a couple of years ago. The roads were pretty relaxing but what I remember best about Copper Harbor was the little ice cream shop that sold home made jams!

·
Registered
115 Posts
That is a nice ride. I especially like the part of US 41 where you run downhill into Copper Harbor. There used to be a great bakery on the west end of town before the road to Brockway Mountain. The had great pasties. Unfortunately last time I was there they were closed due to health reasons. Nice to ride to the end of the road and see where US 41 begins/ends in the middle of the woods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts