GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got to ride today with my new to me mops.

they flex so your legs really get a smooth ride.

position is perfect for me,

i got the ones that mount on the vertical bar, no more dragging those kury pegs on corners anymore.

i have to relearn how to lean:)

·
Registered
397 Posts
nice. how tall are you and what is your inseam? I am 6 foot with a 32 inch inseam and considering the same MOP for my bike.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Got the same model MOP.You will love them.Work great with Ultimate King seat too!

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am 6' with a 34" inseam

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
They really are nice! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
nice. how tall are you and what is your inseam? I am 6 foot with a 32 inch inseam and considering the same MOP for my bike.
I was the original owner. I am 6'1" with 32" inseam. They fit me just fine. I highly recommend them. Get in touch with Dan Duffy (a member here) and he will get you fixed up.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I don't care much for them:

1. they aren't that comfortable for me
2. they drag the pavement even on a slight turn, like a freeway off-ramp
3. several times I have had my pant leg get caught on them when putting my foot down at a stop.

I'm ready to take them off but fear what they may have done to the chrome on the crash bars.
When I took mine off there was no damage to the chrome.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i am 6' with a 34" inseam
If you get a chance, I'd like to see a picture of them installed. Surprisingly, there aren't a lot of pictures of mic-o-pegs floating around out there.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I didn't care for the ones I had. You either love or hate them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I don't care much for them:

1. they aren't that comfortable for me
2. they drag the pavement even on a slight turn, like a freeway off-ramp
3. several times I have had my pant leg get caught on them when putting my foot down at a stop.

I'm ready to take them off but fear what they may have done to the chrome on the crash bars.
You had the wrong style. The ones attaching to the veridical bars won't drag nearly as bad.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have the same ones, mount on the vertical. 6 ft, 32 inseam.......only thing I've dragged on the pavement are the heels of my boots........that will certainly get your attention!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I have the horizontal bar mounts, I swapped my Rivco footrests for the Mick O Pegs.

I wish I had the vertical mount units, but I've never scraped the mounts yet when I go out to the twisties, but that's probably because I take them off before I go. One Allen wrench and about 5 minutes and they are either on or off.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Awesome

I agree with your post. I like to ride long distances. I couldn't do it without my Mic-O-Pegs, and my Ultimate seat and back rest. It works for me. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I agree with your post. I like to ride long distances. I couldn't do it without my Mic-O-Pegs, and my Ultimate back rest. It works for me. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry
+1

When I'm out on the open road, my feet spend about 80% of the time on my MOPs - and my knees are happy.

In the sweepers & twisties my feet are in "home" position, ready to shift or brake.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I dont know if ..

A - I dont have them installed properly
B - not the right type for my frame (me)

I am 6'5 with a 34 inseam. on the stock seat, I am so far forward, that i feel like i am on (as my wife aptly said) the OB table with my feet in the sturrips. I feel like I am really reaching around the tupperware to get to them and get my feet extended....and then, I never feel confident with both feet extended. I never have been comfortable in mine. I dont have a problem with them dragging and such, as i dont ever lean that much when using them, but I have clipped my pants legs into them a time or two and almost lost my balance on the bike because of it (stopped or stopping).

suggestions...?

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Do you know what model you have?

Take the "Comfort" link in my signature. With your inseam, you really need to move up in the seat as well as back. If nothing else, several seat pads can make a huge difference. I used to use 4 before I got my Corbin Tall seat.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,877 Posts
finally got to ride today with my new to me mops.

they flex so your legs really get a smooth ride.

position is perfect for me,

i got the ones that mount on the vertical bar, no more dragging those kury pegs on corners anymore.

i have to relearn how to lean:)

Glad you like them!! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts