GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale a pair of Mick-O-Pegs, Model DD. If you are a perfectionist, don't bother looking. I have had these on my '06 for several years. They still perform as designed. However, when I had removed them from the horizontal crash bar last month in order to check valve clearances I noticed that somehow the outer cover (the piece that retains the spring) had some deep scratches (see pictures). Someone must have borrowed my bike when I wasn't looking because I don't consider myself to be an aggressive rider. How could I have possibly leaned the bike so much as to hit these covers?! Anyway, I don't like the thought of scraping hard parts so I'm putting these model DD's up for sale. I also noticed the chrome on one of the inner covers is cracked. I could buy the damaged parts from "Riding is Wonderful" and probably sell these for more, but there may be someone out there who is not a perfectionist like myself, someone who cares more about the functionality of an accessory rather than its appearance and would appreciate a good deal. I'm asking $200 for the pair and I will pay shipping to anywhere in the continental United States.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For sale a pair of Mick-O-Pegs, Model DD. If you are a perfectionist, don't bother looking. I have had these on my '06 for several years. They still perform as designed. However, when I had removed them from the horizontal crash bar last month in order to check valve clearances I noticed that somehow the outer cover (the piece that retains the spring) had some deep scratches (see pictures). Someone must have borrowed my bike when I wasn't looking because I don't consider myself to be an aggressive rider. How could I have possibly leaned the bike so much as to hit these covers?! Anyway, I don't like the thought of scraping hard parts so I'm putting these model DD's up for sale. I also noticed the chrome on one of the inner covers is cracked. I could buy the damaged parts from "Riding is Wonderful" and probably sell these for more, but there may be someone out there who is not a perfectionist like myself, someone who cares more about the functionality of an accessory rather than its appearance and would appreciate a good deal. I'm asking $200 for the pair and I will pay shipping to anywhere in the continental United States.
I don't understand why a person can only edit a title, but not the message :confused: ....
This is a great deal for someone. The pegs are perfectly functional. The buyer can easily buy replacement parts for the pegs to restore them to "new" condition and still be getting a bargain. I'm not putting them back on my bike as I don't like scrapping hard parts. Either they get sold or they end up in the scrap metal pile. I'm now offering them for $100 or reasonable best offer as I offered to pay shipping too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't understand why a person can only edit a title, but not the message :confused: ....
This is a great deal for someone. The pegs are perfectly functional. The buyer can easily buy replacement parts for the pegs to restore them to "new" condition and still be getting a bargain. I'm not putting them back on my bike as I don't like scrapping hard parts. Either they get sold or they end up in the scrap metal pile. I'm now offering them for $100 or reasonable best offer as I offered to pay shipping too.
I'm interested, I'll PM you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts