GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the Mick-O-Pegs and they are comfortable and all but they drop your feet more down and out then even and out like a cruiser. They are comfortable in that it gives you a chance to stretch your legs but I wonder if the Ergo II's would give you more of that recliner type feel?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'd say to find a friend with the ergos and try em out. I've got a friend with them and prefer my mic-o-pegs hands down. However, we are all different so what I like you may not.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have mick-o- pegs but am not happy with them. I got them about 2 month ago from another member and will sale if someone wants to try them. They go down way to far for me.
Good luck
Robert

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I had the Kury's but I developed some arthritis in my hip joint and their position caused me some pain. Got the mic-o-pegs and pain is gone, at least when I'm riding.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Rhouse, I sent you a PM about your Mic-O-Pegs.

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
I PREFER THE KURY'S - HAVE MINE UP HIGH . STRIGHTEN OUT LEGS WITH BACKREST AND LIFTS MY AZZ OFF THE SEAT . PUT HEEL UP ON PEG AND AIR SHOOTS UP PANTLEG =AAHHH! EVERYONE DIFFERENT - THATS WHY SO MANY OPTIONS :bow:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had both. I like the mick o pegs better. More comfortable position and out of the way. I was dragging the ergo 2 in the corners and they were a safety Hazzard for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
I had both. I like the mick o pegs better. More comfortable position and out of the way. I was dragging the ergo 2 in the corners and they were a safety Hazzard for me.

me too:popcorn:

·
Registered
370 Posts

+1

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

Dragging Ergo's contributed to my accident in Nov '13 and will not recommend them!!!!!!

·
Registered
999 Posts
I started out with the Ergo's and ended up with the Mic-O-Pegs, day and night difference in comfort for me. Highly recommend the Mic-O-Pegs!!!!

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
I have run Ergo II's for about 10 years now. They put your feet in a position like you are on a gynecologist's table, but lower. They work for me only because I only use them to stretch my legs one at a time, generally only for a minute or so. I normally use the regular foot pegs.

Mine are set up so that my foot pegs hit before my Ergo's, and I don't drag hard parts, so they are not a safety issue for me.

FWIW, if I had known ahead of time how bad Kury chrome is, and how hard it is to keep the bolts on the Ergo's from loosening up (even with blue Loctite), I never would have bought them.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Like the others who had both, love my Mic-O-pegs. Have the DD type and my legs go straight down and for me that works the best. YMMV.

Ride safely

Crabby Bob

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hiway pegs are a peresonal preference

I tossed them all around before making my decision to go with the Kury long horn arms & Ergo pegs. Comfortable for me. Can ride all day totally relaxed & only come back to the bikes foot pegs for those times a change up feels necessary. But I have long legs & a Diamond Big Boy seat so that makes a big difference.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
I have run Ergo II's for about 10 years now. They put your feet in a position like you are on a gynecologist's table, but lower. They work for me only because I only use them to stretch my legs one at a time, generally only for a minute or so. I normally use the regular foot pegs.

Mine are set up so that my foot pegs hit before my Ergo's, and I don't drag hard parts, so they are not a safety issue for me.

FWIW, if I had known ahead of time how bad Kury chrome is, and how hard it is to keep the bolts on the Ergo's from loosening up (even with blue Loctite), I never would have bought them.
Care to share how you know how a gynecologist's table feels...:oops:

·
Registered
16,853 Posts

Add me to the long list agreeing. I had the Kury mounts and Ergo pegs, down right dangerous during twisty fun and no real help for long distance comfort. I went to Mic-O-Pegs with heavy duty springs and put the Ergo pegs on the Mic's. Mine are set-up to mimick saddle stirrups in function, my feet are well down and a little forward, but knees still bent some. I can cruise with about 30 to 40% of my weight on the pegs, like riding a horse and my arse only carries the balance -- very comfy. In the twisties they raise up to where the pegs almost touch the trim strip on the valve covers.

prs

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
I have tried both. I prefer the Kurys with the 1 1/2 inch short arm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts