GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of used Mick-o-pegs size DD form a board member and they are every thing that he said they are so no complaints about the sale. The thing that I do not like is that the foot pegs point inward towards the motor so I am wondering if there is anything I can do besides buying new ones. I have tried swapping arms and mounting the pegs out ward .

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Before you bend them, contact the Mic-O-Pegs folks. They will, I think, swap bars with you to get you set up like you want.

I too have a set and the only problem I ever have is catching my pants leg on the left side peg when slowing down, almost stopped.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Before you bend them, contact the Mic-O-Pegs folks. They will, I think, swap bars with you to get you set up like you want.

I too have a set and the only problem I ever have is catching my pants leg on the left side peg when slowing down, almost stopped.
I thought that I was doing something wrong but I keep doing the same thing. I have almost dropped the bike a couple of time because of this.

·
Registered
399 Posts

When I first got mine I did this several times too, I must have changed something I was doing because it hasn't happened since the first week or so that I have owned them.

Bluewinger have you tried using them like floor boards, the ball of my foot goes on the arm and the heal on the peg and I just love them. I never put my foot in the stirrup so to speak. They are one of my favorite farkles ever.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I bought a set of used Mick-o-pegs size DD form a board member and they are every thing that he said they are so no complaints about the sale. The thing that I do not like is that the foot pegs point inward towards the motor so I am wondering if there is anything I can do besides buying new ones. I have tried swapping arms and mounting the pegs out ward .
Please, contact us at [email protected] to discuss an exchange.

I too bought a pair used. I bent the bars straight and mounted them on the bike so they would be as close to the valve cover as possible.
Check out my youtube explaining.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IELcQCrr5I
Stacey, well done video! You've in essence modified your Model DL into what we would call Model E.5L. Both Models, among many others are available at www.ridingiswonderful.com

Before you bend them, contact the Mick-O-Pegs folks. They will, I think, swap bars with you to get you set up like you want.

You're right on target. We are willing to work out an exchange to get folks comfortable, because we truly believe in our Business Philosophy: "You deserve to be as comfortable while riding as we are."

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
MOPs are pretty much impossible to beat!

·
Registered
4,839 Posts

I did the same thing first time out with mine. Adjusted and relearned the motion and it has not happened again. Don't even have to think about it any more. To the OP I would say give it a little time before messing them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts