GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Wing, 2005 K1200LT, 2001 Ultra Classic
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Has anyone recently tried to order Mick-o-pegs? Is the site still functional? The order page goes to a blank page and there's no response from phone messages.

Are there similar type spring-away options out there that anyone has found acceeptable?

Thanks,
Wood

·
IronMan
19,240 Posts
SOMEONE HAS SET FOR SALE FB MARKETPLACE OR ON HERE ?? SEEN YESTERDAY

Reactions: byekryam

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone have any input on these - Kuyakyn Ergo III's ?

Are they similar to the Mick-o-pegs (as it seems Mick-o-pegs are no longer in business)?

Or do they still splay your legs spread eagle like the normal highway pegs do straddling the fairings?

·
Premium Member
2017 GL1800
115 Posts
I had a set and have used Mick o Pegs as well. The Ergo III's have perhaps 1/3 the travel of the Mick o Pegs. I also really did not like the bulk of the Ergo III's on the crash bar. It appeared to me that if the bike were to go over the Ergo mounting was going to rotate on the crash bar and cause damage to the upper engine cover. I have dropped my GL more than once while standing still (dumass me not paying attention) and even the Ergo II mounts hit the cover, but did not break anything. It just left a mark on the cover, but nevertheless, I took them off. I am not using the Mick o Pegs either as I have found the stock pegs work just fine for me. I really just do not need "road pegs" at all. Just my 2 cents here.

Mark

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a set and have used Mick o Pegs as well. The Ergo III's have perhaps 1/3 the travel of the Mick o Pegs. I also really did not like the bulk of the Ergo III's on the crash bar. It appeared to me that if the bike were to go over the Ergo mounting was going to rotate on the crash bar and cause damage to the upper engine cover. I have dropped my GL more than once while standing still (dumass me not paying attention) and even the Ergo II mounts hit the cover, but did not break anything. It just left a mark on the cover, but nevertheless, I took them off. I am not using the Mick o Pegs either as I have found the stock pegs work just fine for me. I really just do not need "road pegs" at all. Just my 2 cents here.

Mark
Mark,

Totally understand and can relate.

As this is a new (to me) bike, I'm still getting used to it. I do know on long trips the knees bent does sometimes get old. I'm not a big fan of using the normal highway pegs up front as it makes me quite spread eagle on the bike which to me is awkward and at times also as uncomfortable. Was just curiously wanting to try out the "Mick-o-pegs" type feeling to see if it would make any difference.

Wood

·
Premium Member
2017 GL1800
115 Posts
Mark,

Totally understand and can relate.

As this is a new (to me) bike, I'm still getting used to it. I do know on long trips the knees bent does sometimes get old. I'm not a big fan of using the normal highway pegs up front as it makes me quite spread eagle on the bike which to me is awkward and at times also as uncomfortable. Was just curiously wanting to try out the "Mick-o-pegs" type feeling to see if it would make any difference.

Wood

·
Premium Member
2017 GL1800
115 Posts
The mick o pegs I had went straight down and had the actual pegs pointing inward towards the frame of the bike. I think these were model “DD“. They are sitting in my spare parts box right now. One thing about having them turned inward was that when I stopped to put my leg down I would sometimes bump my shin against them. It wasn’t a huge deal, I just had to be aware of where my leg was going when I put my foot down. If you wanted to pay for shipping I could send them to you and you could try them out. If you like them we could work out a deal.

Mark

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The mick o pegs I had went straight down and had the actual pegs pointing inward towards the frame of the bike. I think these were model “DD“. They are sitting in my spare parts box right now. One thing about having them turned inward was that when I stopped to put my leg down I would sometimes bump my shin against them. It wasn’t a huge deal, I just had to be aware of where my leg was going when I put my foot down. If you wanted to pay for shipping I could send them to you and you could try them out. If you like them we could work out a deal.

Mark
I just watched a video of the DD's. Couple of questions...

Seems somewhat cramped for the foot with the pegs facing in. How did you feel about that?

What stops you from changing the peg from the inside position to the outside position?

How tall are you? I'm 6' 1" and it looked as though from the video that the rider's heel is extremely close to the ground while riding. I know it says to put your foot back on the standard pegs when cornering, but how was riding while your heel was that close to the ground?

You took them off, what were the reasons you didn't like them?

·
Premium Member
2017 GL1800
115 Posts

Seems somewhat cramped for the foot with the pegs facing in. How did you feel about that?

What stops you from changing the peg from the inside position to the outside position?

How tall are you? I'm 6' 1" and it looked as though from the video that the rider's heel is extremely close to the ground while riding. I know it says to put your foot back on the standard pegs when cornering, but how was riding while your heel was that close to the ground?

I did not notice feeling cramped with the pegs. They descended below the stock footrests and were not restrictive at all. My boots are 11.5

I think you could reverse the pegs if you wanted to, but doing so would likely subject them to damage in the event of a fall..

Actually, when I used the pegs, I put my my heel on the peg and the sole of my boot on the peg’s support arm. I never rode with my boot sole on the peg with my heel down. It was pretty comfortable that way.

My reason for removing them was quite simply that during the time they were on the bike (one season) I only used them twice. As I said earlier, I found I was most comfortable just using the stock foot peg position. I never found the need to stretch out more than that.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I know you weren't asking for our opinion on Mick-O-pegs, but I wanted to say I really like mine. I have the KA model and they work great for me. The majority of my riding is distance and they add a lot of relief to my legs while riding several hours, often multi day ride. Short rides, I don't use them.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hey,

Has anyone recently tried to order Mick-o-pegs? Is the site still functional? The order page goes to a blank page and there's no response from phone messages.

Are there similar type spring-away options out there that anyone has found acceeptable?

Thanks,
Wood
I had the Mick-O-Pegs KA's on my 2005 and 2009. I thought they were great and wanted a pair for my newly acquired 2018. I was getting the blank page on the Mick-o-pegs website (ridingiswonderful.com) when I tried to order also. Their phone number doesn't work either. I did find a set on Facebook marketplace.

·
Premium Member
2017 GL1800
115 Posts

I forgot to answer the height question you posed. I am 6'1" and weigh in at about 198 depending upon whether my SO made me a pie or not. :)

·
Premium Member
2017 GL1800
115 Posts
I know you weren't asking for our opinion on Mick-O-pegs, but I wanted to say I really like mine. I have the KA model and they work great for me. The majority of my riding is distance and they add a lot of relief to my legs while riding several hours, often multi day ride. Short rides, I don't use them.
I think the Mick O Pegs are great as well! I just don't need highway pegs. Never thought I would be saying that, but my 2017 is, without question, the most comfortable bike I have ever owned.

Mark

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Mark
I would be interested in that, thank you.

I'm in Pequannock NJ

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Instead of "ridingiswonderful.com", try typing "www.ridingiswonderful.com". It's coming up for me using the FQDN like that.

It's obviously a very old website, and they probably aren't configured properly to redirect domain traffic by default to the www subdomain.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Instead of "ridingiswonderful.com", try typing "www.ridingiswonderful.com". It's coming up for me using the FQDN like that.

It's obviously a very old website, and they probably aren't configured properly to redirect domain traffic by default to the www subdomain.
Many can get onto the website, but the pages aren't working and they company isn't answering the phone anymore

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I have the GF model MOPs, and love them. Will be a loss for all, if they go out of business.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts