GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one tried a micro-drive type CF card in their 2610 on a Goldwing? Curious to know if a micro-drive will survive in this non-ideal environment. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Neil-In-Seattle said:
Has any one tried a micro-drive type CF card in their 2610 on a Goldwing? Curious to know if a micro-drive will survive in this non-ideal environment. Any thoughts?
I have been using one for about a month without any problem. Now, the truth is that I have not had much use on the bike during this time. Only a few short (50 mile) rides. It is working fine. I am trying to decide if I buy a bigger micro-drive or a CF card to get to 2 gig. While the micro-drive works fine, my gut feeling is that the compact flash will be more reliable.

Dick

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
For what its worth. Using the 2 Gb card will take about, one and a half hours to load, using 512 mem, 2.6 pent 4, and seperate usb compact disk port; to load everything. Can only imagine how long, with the direct connection? At first time startup, will take about two minutes to read the card. After that, only about 20 second memory start up. No other time delay difference while operating.

·
Registered
466 Posts
We use micro-drives in our cameras, and they have some disadvantages.

Keep in mind that it is a spinning hard drive, and that equals power consumption; something to keep in mind if using battery power. Since it is a hard drive with moving parts, vibration and contamination are real concerns as well. I would be much more inclined to use the CF card on the 'Wing instead of the micro-drive

1 - 4 of 4 Posts