GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have full face helmets, with internal mike and speakers installed. My wife has lost the little foam disk which covers her mike, and that causes incredible wind noise. Anyone have a link to a site to purchase another, can't seem to find it on my own. Thanks,

PS, it is not a boom mike....I found those covers easily.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I don't have a replacement but have found that if you purchase a cheap pair of surgical gloves and cut one of the fingers off, you can slip it over the mic and voila, wind noise gone.

My wife has a full face HJC, built in mic with the foam cover but still had wind noise, used the above method and now there is no wind noise.

I'm gonna try some really thick gloves next time and see if I can get the "chatter" to stop as well..........;)

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
I don't have a replacement but have found that if you purchase a cheap pair of surgical gloves and cut one of the fingers off, you can slip it over the mic and voila, wind noise gone.

My wife has a full face HJC, built in mic with the foam cover but still had wind noise, used the above method and now there is no wind noise.

I'm gonna try some really thick gloves next time and see if I can get the "chatter" to stop as well..........;)
Problem is, she may start gagging when you try that.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Interestingly, it appears almost anything will work. I am currently using a piece of Kleenex, held on by small rubber bands, and it is working fine. I'd still like to get a part number if anyone has one.....I looked on the honda parts line and on Hal's site and couldn't find anything except the windsock which slips over the boom mike. May eventually try using one of those if I can't come up with a part number.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mic Wind Noise

Go to drug store & buy the rubber finger cots... a rubber protector for finger injuries. It's like a miniature condom and fits just right with some trimming.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go to drug store & buy the rubber finger cots... a rubber protector for finger injuries. It's like a miniature condom and fits just right with some trimming.
Thanks. That should be easy enough to try, as I use surgical gloves at work every day.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interestingly, no luck with emailing and calling, no answers back from the three places I have contacted. I would reiterate, I do not have a boom mike. I appreciate all the links, but they are for boom mikes. I can buy a complete mike with wind screen, but not just the foam disk wind screen they all use. I'm sure at this point that I will just have to make my own (my wife is checking Bed, Bath and Beyond for foam). Thanks for all the thoughts, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts