GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a internet source for the plastic microphone covers to go over the J&M mic's to cut down on wind noise. Several of my freinds have them on their mics but all were purchased at Wing events. Does anyone know of any place I can order them from on the internet?
Thank You
Danny

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
J&M doesn't carry the hard plastic windsock cover all they carry is the foam windsock. I've already called them.
Danny

·
Registered
428 Posts
Wind noise in Mic

You are kidding yourself if you think a mic cover will kill your wind noise. You have to get a unit like Mic-Mutes. They stop ALL wind noise from both your mic and the passenger's mic. Go to: Mic-mutes .com

·
Registered
696 Posts
wind noise

serria electronics

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the Sierra Electronic response.......... They had what I was looking for.
Danny

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wind sock

If you would like to go cheap get yourself a film canister and dri;; a hole in the lid the size of mic cable then slice slit from hole to edge then put around cable. make a small half moon cut in the can body then slip over the foam cover and snap it together. Not perfect but it helped. Tom

·
Registered
68 Posts
PONDRUN:: What you are looking for is windsockwinddeflector.com which is L & T Enterprises-they are great folks and will work with you-since I could not determine what size I needed they sent me one of each and trusted me to return ones that did not fit-Don't forget that 95% of the wind noise is from the passengers headset because they sit higher and are more into the wind..I have one on each of our helmets-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts